They Seem Like Owls, debut album Strangers CD/DTS DVD-V with Bruce Soord 5.1 mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
........and a really nice bunch of people as well! Best of the lot, why can't all labels/retailers be like them :sun

Got mine today. I'm excited to listen to it, so I'm going to give it a spin in a bit (yeah, I've had the FLAC for some time, but my home computer crashed a bit ago, so I haven't had any means to listen to it). Anyway, thanks, Dan!

Yeah, that was super quick! Thanks again for the suggestion DuncanS.

Also, glad to see confirmation of some domestic shipments.

Mine showed up today in the mail, in an envelope with a LOT of stamps on it!! I have to admit it "looks" great. 2 stickers, a long post card-type deal, and a very nice looking package the discs are in. Quite a job considering the price.

Now on to listen.....

Mine showed up today in the mail, in an envelope with a LOT of stamps on it!! I have to admit it "looks" great. 2 stickers, a long post card-type deal, and a very nice looking package the discs are in. Quite a job considering the price.

Now on to listen.....

Me too. I thought maybe the postcard deal was a sticker as well. Need to inspect...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All 3 are stickers. First ~100 orders got them as a little thank you. I just ran out, so everyone who's ordered by now will get them.

Me too. I thought maybe the postcard deal was a sticker as well. Need to inspect...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan, I had a sudden realization while listening to this - great stuff by the way! There's a lot going on, going to need a few listens for it to all sink in... Just the way I like it :) - Anyway, They Seem Like Owls - The owls are not what they seem... Is the name a Twin Peaks reference or just coincidence?

Maybe it was obvious, and I'm just slow on the uptake!

By the way, to TheySeemLikeOwls, I've heard your album on Youtube, and am very intrigued to hear it in 5.1! Also, do you know if the 5.1 flac files that are available are a direct rip from the original recorded files, or a copy of the audio from the dvd-video, only compressed differently? Thanks! :)

Good catch! Yes, it is a Twin Peaks reference. David Lynch is a big influence on my writing, in a very abstract way.

We have a Twin Peaks easter egg in the album art too. If you look close enough on the credits panel of the CD packaging, the circle on the far right is an owl super imposed with a still of David Duchovny playing the cross-dressing DEA agent on Twin Peaks.

Dan

Dan, I had a sudden realization while listening to this - great stuff by the way! There's a lot going on, going to need a few listens for it to all sink in... Just the way I like it :) - Anyway, They Seem Like Owls - The owls are not what they seem... Is the name a Twin Peaks reference or just coincidence?

Maybe it was obvious, and I'm just slow on the uptake!

The surround sound version is a completely new mix from the ground up. Bruce had all of the original recorded files. The FLAC files were exported directly from his mixing software (i.e., not generated from the compressed version on the DVD-V). Thanks for your interest, glad you like it!

Dan

By the way, to TheySeemLikeOwls, I've heard your album on Youtube, and am very intrigued to hear it in 5.1! Also, do you know if the 5.1 flac files that are available are a direct rip from the original recorded files, or a copy of the audio from the dvd-video, only compressed differently? Thanks! :)

Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work last night and I just finished my first run through and I quite like what I heard both musically and surroundally (y). While not a big fan of the growl it is great to have some quality examples of the genre (Opeth being the other that works quite nicely for me), and there is enuff vocal variation to keep it interesting (y). Hopefully I will have a good turn off the lights sit down and just listen to the music at a proper volume session with the "Owls" sometime this weekend were I can give it my complete undivided attention to fully suss out all the intricate musical details within. So, so far Dan thanks and I will say that with what I have heard so far here's hoping we get to do this again sometime in the future with another "Owls" release, it's nice to have something completely new and different checked in the surround box!

Back