Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water"- Multichannel SACD - Cancelled

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually contacted Amazon US and here is a transcript of the chat (and no, the person REALLY WAS "Simon"!!!)
Simon: As II have checked and confirmed that this item is not available in the stock, However as soon as it gets available we will ship it and we´ll also send you the e-mail regarding that.
Me: Ok, I will keep my order active! There's a big mystery about this SACD release.
Was it ever in stock? That's the big question.
Simon: Yes.
And don´t worry I´ll also forward this request to our concern team and will make soon available in our stock.
Me: Great, thanks! btw, if you are Simon, where is Garfunkle? <joking 8')>
Simon: It will also get reflected asap, just kidding :D
Me: K, thanks! A lot of people are puzzled by how this item appears and then disappears and then appears again!
Simon: Don´t worry we´ll soon send you a confirmation regarding this.

Needless to say, that "Yes." was ambiguous :mad:@:

English may not be Simon's first language.
Simon may not be Simon's first name.
Simon may still be rhymin'.

English may not be Simon's first language.
Simon may not be Simon's first name.
Simon may still be rhymin'.

Despite what previous posters have said, Simon wasn't responsible for this, so I made sure to give him a good word on the Amazon survey that was immediately sent to my email afterwards :)

I did point out that my question was not answered (again, not his fault). Maybe this will bring the question to a head among the head honchos, though, and we'll learn the truth (will post their follow-ups to me here).

I don't pretend to understand how their pricing algorithms work but I think it's odd that a product most of us believe never existed has increased in price by $4.29! :confused:

I don't pretend to understand how their pricing algorithms work but I think it's odd that a product most of us believe never existed has increased in price by $4.29! :confused:

As much as I enjoy jokes about amazon.. it is obvious that they have no knowledge about the status of this release...and the price increase follows their standard procedure...when an item is in pre order status you usually get a reduction before the release date...which happened in this case...then when the pre order period ends...you get a price increase...which you noticed today...it's sad that Sony doesn't even bother to notify their retail outlets when an item has been cancelled...think about how CDJapan got jerked around with this title...they had to respond to emails about the product being multi channel...then they had to adjust their item description...then another revision with a revised date...and then when they finally got the news about the item being cancelled they had to make refunds and email customers that had placed orders...so some people naturally "shot the messenger"(CDJapan) instead of directing their anger at Sony...the real culprits in this matter

I emailed discjapan to see if they had any physical stock, other day they had 5 in stock only. They really didn't answer my question of if they ever had the 5 to begin with, just said item is discontinued ?

Just got done watching the movie Baby Driver

Closing credits had the song Baby Driver from this album

Definitely was discrete with nice rears

funny tho the rest of the film had some great songs but none of them sounded like they were surround

but definitely Baby Driver was :howl

funny tho the rest of the film had some great songs but none of them sounded like they were surround

Didn't notice that... But maybe it was the quad mix!

"Only Living Boy in New York" was not only a song title on the album, but a movie title recently (which featured the song in its commercial, so most likely the soundtrack).

Wonder if that movie is why the album was being pushed . . . if so, the movie vanished rather quickly.

Funny you should say that, because when I saw the movie in the theater I was waiting for the track to come up (as you can imagine), but I was disappointed to not hear a lot of use of the side/back speakers when it finally played. And it didn't sound like the Quad mix to me at the time, more like an upmix of the stereo mix. It sounded a bit thin IIRC.
Did you watch the movie at home? Maybe they revised the mix for home video, or the sound in the theater was not the best calibrated, which is all too probable...

Funny you should say that, because when I saw the movie in the theater I was waiting for the track to come up (as you can imagine), but I was disappointed to not hear a lot of use of the side/back speakers when it finally played. And it didn't sound like the Quad mix to me at the time, more like an upmix of the stereo mix. It sounded a bit thin IIRC.
Did you watch the movie at home? Maybe they revised the mix for home video, or the sound in the theater was not the best calibrated, which is all too probable...

yeah at home - sounded koo to me :banana:

To nobody's surprise jpc.de cancelled the order a few days ago... amazon.com is still optimistic/clueless.

Well, this made me laugh out loud, but obviously I'm posting here because I'm still fantasizing...

One of the music websites I frequent is Vintage Vinyl News. They included the multichannel SACD of Bridge Over Troubled Water in this week's new release list: New Releases.

LOL, but wishing it were true.

Well, this made me laugh out loud, but obviously I'm posting here because I'm still fantasizing...

One of the music websites I frequent is Vintage Vinyl News. They included the multichannel SACD of Bridge Over Troubled Water in this week's new release list: New Releases.

LOL, but wishing it were true.

Still waiting to hear from Amazon US ;) . . . however, hope springs eternal. I'll let my pre-order hang a while longer, just in case. . . .

Is it me, or am I hearing a lot of S&G in commercials these days? Makes me wonder if something is up :lookaround

Received an e mail last week from Amazon UK that said my order is delayed. Seems they are either optimistic or clueless.

This just in from Amazon US:

"We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. The new delivery date is indicated below. If you still want to receive this item, please let us know. We apologize for the delay.

New estimated delivery date:
Not yet available. We'll e-mail you as soon as we have a delivery date."

They add that if the order comes after the due date, I can return it (yea, right!). It also asks if I want to continue waiting, or cancel.

Hmm . . . unfortunately I tied up some bonus points on it to lower the price. Decisions, decisions. Well, I've come this far, let's play it out to see how long this will go on :chill :popcorn

Received an e mail last week from Amazon UK that said my order is delayed. Seems they are either optimistic or clueless.

You can blame Sony for that...it's sad the way they treat the outlets that sell their product...and considering the size and volume of business that an account like amazon generates...it shows you how they run their business..I got the same email..

Back