Pink Floyd DSOTM & WYWH 5.1 Surround SACD Reissues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noted....but these two upcoming AP PF SACDs may also be remastered in QUAD DSD [fingers crossed] from the original analogue masters .... but that remains to be seen [and HEARD].

The marketing image in the OP says stereo and 5.1. No mention of quad.

The marketing image in the OP says stereo and 5.1. No mention of quad.

The money they are leaving on the table by not including a quad mix which they have already remastered for each of these two albums.

I would never buy these knowing there is a bluray out there offering up more of the goods. But that's just me maybe.

James Guthrie still loves SACD

This isn't a James Guthrie decision. It's an Analogue Productions (Chad Kassem) decision. :)
(The SACDs will be released by Chad Kassem's Analogue Productions, which licensed these albums from UMG for SACD).

I'm sure that Chad K. is well aware that Dark Side of the Moon is one of the top selling SACDs of all time (over 1 Million units sold of Capitol's Anniversary Surround Sound SACD edition).
It's choice as an SACD reissue for the audiophile market makes a lot of sense.

So I guess "The Wall" has been kyboshed .

Ho Hum.

Please wake me when it's "Animals" ....or "Meddle ".....or "The Wall "....or "Obscured By Clouds " .:zzzzz

So I guess "The Wall" has been kyboshed .

Ho Hum.

Please wake me when it's "Animals" ....or "Meddle ".....or "The Wall "....or "Obscured By Clouds " .:zzzzz

I agree. I will save my loonies for something I don't already have. It really gets tedious seeing reissues of existing multichannel titles.

So I guess "The Wall" has been kyboshed.

No. It means that there has been enough interest to warrant bringing these two Surround SACD titles back.
Much as Analogue Productions did with their Stereo Creedence Clearwater Revival remasters.

As always, if the titles sell on SACD they will be back. :)

No. It means that there has been enough interest to warrant bringing these two Surround SACD titles back.
Much as Analogue Productions did with their Stereo Creedence Clearwater Revival remasters.

As always, if the titles sell on SACD they will be back. :)

Well good then . Perhaps we can see a copy of Creedence Gold (Quad)......one day.

I know, I know,.......it's not the best 4ch mix. But I'd bite. (y)

Well good then . Perhaps we can see a copy of Creedence Gold (Quad)......one day.

I know, I know,.......it's not the best 4ch mix. But I'd bite. (y)

Remember what drives reissues are the Stereo tracks, not the Surround tracks.
I haven't heard any interest from the reissue labels in Creedence Gold now that the entire CCR catalog has been issued twice in Stereo SACD.

I haven't heard any interest from the reissue labels in Creedence Gold now that the entire CCR catalog has been issued twice in Stereo SACD.

I apologize for shooting the messenger, but BOOOOOOOOOO !!!

You would think by now we would become an audience to be reckoned with .

I applaud A.P. for their efforts supporting 5.1 and quad, though. And for you to , Brian for your unwavering support.(y)

These really need to be re-released as single disc BDs (from their Immersion sets). Much more likely to get new sales for the millions with BD players and 5.1 systems IMO.

These new SACD editions should be SACD/Blu-Ray combo packs.
The Blu-Rays from 2011 could be used again, and it would be a great way to separate them out from the big Immersion sets.
Then people could get the Quadraphonic mixes & video extras for a much cheaper price!

:)

These new SACD editions should be SACD/Blu-Ray combo packs.
The Blu-Rays from 2011 could be used again, and it would be a great way to separate them out from the big Immersion sets.
Then people could get the Quadraphonic mixes & video extras for a much cheaper price!

:)

A new mastering on the quad mix like the new Doors quad Blu-ray please!

It really gets tedious seeing reissues of existing multichannel titles.

Not when previous limited editions go out of production and sell for exorbitant prices on the after-market.
Remember the guy who went ballistic on the WYWH poll thread when he couldn't get one for less than $100? :yikes

Acoustic Sounds doesn't appear to be a mass marketing enterprise.
Look at their catalogs, $500 reel to reel tapes?
Strictly audiophile wacko stuff.

Limiting Hendrix mono vinyl pressings to 1000 copies?
Mr Kassem marches to his own drummer.
We're lucky for anything we get from him in surround.
But today is a day to give thanks. :sun

Not when previous limited editions go out of production and sell for exorbitant prices on the after-market.
Remember the guy who went ballistic on the WYWH poll thread when he couldn't get one for less than $100? :yikes

Acoustic Sounds doesn't appear to be a mass marketing enterprise.
Look at their catalogs, $500 reel to reel tapes?
Strictly audiophile wacko stuff.

Limiting Hendrix mono vinyl pressings to 1000 copies?
Mr Kassem marches to his own drummer.
We're lucky for anything we get from him in surround.
But today is a day to give thanks. :sun

Oh, I remember the guy ... but entitled people like that would go ballistic if it was forty bucks. Like I said then, it isn't Insulin or Soylent Green.

Page 2 of their Winter 2017 catalog shows Pink Floyd DSOTM and WYWH release for stereo and 5.1 SACD - coming soon. I am assuming it would be the previously released 5.1 mixes, not the quad mixes.

Any reason to get these considering they've been released already ( different mastering,mixes etc.) ?

Any reason to get these considering they've been released already ( different mastering,mixes etc.) ?

Given that both Surround SACDs are out of print at the moment and some PF and Surround SACD fans may not own copies, a reissue makes a lot of sense.

Much as Acoustic Sounds did with the Creedence Clearwater Revival SACDs. They were reissued after going out of print ($30 each), along with a release on Stereo DSD Download ($24.98 each).
That was a successful move for Acoustic Sounds sales-wise. I'm sure this one will be as well.

Back