Is Pizza A World Dish

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my sad pizza story: was in new york city a few years back hanging out on the street in front our hotel just people watching, when this Italian fellow comes out of our hotel and in his best broken english asks can i direct him to the nearest Domino's pizza, i said dude, little italy is like 3 blocks that way you'll get great pizza at any of those places, he says "oh no my friend whenever i come to new york the first place i go to is Domino's for some pizza! " I said whaaaat?

I recently found a place that I had passed by many times....it's one of those small places...the New York style slice I got was very good...not quite up to the true New York style...but very close...I've been back a couple of times...I'm glad I found it:love:

I had a dental procedure on Monday and after I was finished I decided to stop by this little place again.....even though half of my mouth was still numb...it was excellent

Mmmmmm PIZZA!!! :love:

Has to be Pepperoni though! I must have had that nearly a thousand times. If I'm out we have a place over here called Pizza Express (Sounds naff but quite posh - good place to take a date!) and I may vary to this -

Diavolo
Hot spiced beef, pepperoni, mozzarella, tomato, green pepper, red onion and Tabasco, with your choice of hot green, Roquito or jalapeño peppers

Washed down with nice cool Peroni...

Right that's dinner sorted now!

Interestingly Chicago came top in this list...

Last edited:
One day the Italians will get smart and enact Denominazione di origine Controllata e Garantita for the word "pizza", and charge many millions in royalties all over the world.

I'm a L&B Spumoni Gardens fiend. I usually scarf down 6-8 squares in one sitting. Located in Brooklyn, NY.

For Manhattan, NY Pizza Suprema makes an excellent slice.

Attachments

• lb-spumoni-gardens-new-york-by-craig-nelson.jpg
    lb-spumoni-gardens-new-york-by-craig-nelson.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 83
Back