Chicago VI--er, "VI Decades Live"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No word in today's e-mail "Rhino Newsletter" about the upcoming Doobies Quadio set (I still have to pinch myself every time I think, speak, or write those words!), but there is a link to stream or buy an advance track ("25 or 6 to 4," live in Paris, 1969) from the Chicago VI Decades Live box coming out next month:

https://rhino.lnk.to/25or6to4mp

91KpWJDfObL._SL1500_.jpg

Does anyone know how much of what is on here has been available before?

The AAJ review merely describes the set as a "collection of previously unreleased concert recordings, which includes several deep cuts that have never appeared on any of the band's live albums." For details, we should maybe ask Dr. Rhino...

The AAJ review merely describes the set as a "collection of previously unreleased concert recordings, which includes several deep cuts that have never appeared on any of the band's live albums." For details, we should maybe ask Dr. Rhino...
This set IS expensive, but if most/all of it is new stuff, I will probably buy it. But there are a lot of Chicago live concerts available on CD that I don’t know if the band or Rhino would consider officially “released”. Greek Theater 1978 for example. Or that early Toronto show that’s been bootlegged a million times.

Nice packaging though. Hard for a big Chicago fan like myself to not want it just for the that.

No word in today's e-mail "Rhino Newsletter" about the upcoming Doobies Quadio set (I still have to pinch myself every time I think, speak, or write those words!), but there is a link to stream or buy an advance track ("25 or 6 to 4," live in Paris, 1969) from the Chicago VI Decades Live box coming out next month:

https://rhino.lnk.to/25or6to4mp

91KpWJDfObL._SL1500_.jpg

Ahh, look! The ol' Rockpalast concert!
And the photo in the booklet looks like being taken at the Bath Festival.

-Kristian

Back