ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had to listen to some Rainbow today - so excellent, crappy SQ, but it rocks :smokin

28IGygr.jpg
I always loved that title, but yeah....I've never heard a good version.

IMHO, Wes is the best jazz guitarist ever. Apologies to Django & Charlie Christian.

Just finished listening to Dancing in the Street (Japan CD) - Ramsey Lewis very nice Cadet (Chess) album from '67. Maurice White on drums & Cleveland Eaton on bass. Live in San Francisco. Cover looks like Streets of San Francisco five years before the TV series. https://www.dustygroove.com/item/35501/Ramsey-Lewis:Dancing-In-The-Street

IMHO, Wes is the best jazz guitarist ever. Apologies to Django & Charlie Christian.

Just finished listening to Dancing in the Street (Japan CD) - Ramsey Lewis very nice Cadet (Chess) album from '67. Maurice White on drums & Cleveland Eaton on bass. Live in San Francisco. Cover looks like Streets of San Francisco five years before the TV series. https://www.dustygroove.com/item/35501/Ramsey-Lewis:Dancing-In-The-Street

Speaking of the Streets of San Francisco...I watched every episode...Karl Malden was quite the actor....he died in 2009 at the age of 97...he was married for 71 years to the same woman...by any standard that is noteworthy....but for Hollywood...it was amazing

Reactions: GOS
Oh boy....if only this could be released in 5.1...wonderful album. I'm listening to a rip I made from original pressing vinyl. It sounds amazing.....

Back To The Egg - Wings
Woo hoo - I have the most wonderful wife. I was playing this album on Foobar...she's in the other room. I stopped the music, and I yelled "Hon, who is this?" She said "I wasn't really paying attention, but it sounds like Paul McCartney" Oh heck yeah.....she's the best. :)

I know a lot of people on here didn't like the idea of Steven Wilson doing a 2 channel release...but I often play this Chicago CD...until I get my music organized it's better than going thru the mess to get to the Quadio set:geek:...I'm in the process of getting my music in one place on storage....with the help of a friend(y)

A new development in the Roxy Music Box Set...I have been watching the peaks and valleys of the price range....recently it dipped down in the $80 range on Amazon...and then went up to $120...now instead of the "currently not available"..it now says..."usually ships within 1 to 2 months...I'm not sure what that means....just another chapter in this strange release....importcds has it listed at $130...Bullmoose at $160....DeepDiscount at $155......the saga continues

Listening to a properly cranked new copy of The Beatles - Abbey Road on vinyl. It sounds absolutely killer...especially when you consider the age. OK, forget that....it sounds killer and if it were a 2018 release...I'd still be saying that.

BTW, Gene, Elliot Scheiner offered to remix Abbey Road into 5.1 and the powers that be at Apple Records declined his offer. One of my very favorite Beatles' album and one can only imagine how an ES remix of this album would sound?

Glad you're enjoying the vinyl edition!

Listening to a properly cranked new copy of The Beatles - Abbey Road on vinyl. It sounds absolutely killer...especially when you consider the age. OK, forget that....it sounds killer and if it were a 2018 release...I'd still be saying that.
Oh, man..I got the MFSL LP back in the day and still sounds great!!!!
and to think this was their LAST ALBUM!!!!
it had been too long of a ride for them...they had lived hundreds of lifetimes in those 8 years...AAMOF it probably was like "Groundhog Day"!!!!

Years ago Frank Zappa said that Abby Road was in his opinion the best recorded rock album of all time, or something to that effect. Can't remember.

Back