What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cream's "Fresh Cream" Box Set with 2.0 BDA & Japanese 2.0 SACD Disraeli Gears, and Lady Blacksmith Mambazo's "Ilembe: Honoring Shaka Zulu" 5.1 SACD. Well I was waiting :SG they all turned up this afternoon! The £12.43 tax & tax handling fee on the Japanese SACD was to be expected but hurt nether the less :mad:

I listened to the Stereo BDA of Fresh Cream, and it sounds great, which is not bad for a 50 year old 15ips recording.

Last edited:
I've got a longish list again:

Mansun - Six (Deluxe 4 Disc Book)
Katatonia - Night is the New Day (10th-anniversary deluxe edition)
The Crystal Method - Legion of Boom [DVD AUDIO]
Be Bop Deluxe - Futurama (Deluxe)
Alan Parsons - The Secret CD/DVD Digipak
UK - Night After Night - Extended 2CD/ Blu-ray

And not in surround but eagerly anticipated:

The Mute Gods - Atheists and Believers (signed)
Cosmograf - Mind Over Depth
Jadis - Medium Rare II
Edit: Lonely Robot - Under Stars (signed)

Last edited:
Now THAT sounds interesting! I love this place for pointers like that . . . my pocketbook hates it, however!
Yea 4-earredwonder put it on the Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2 thread in answer to beerkings post #415005 so I thought I'd look into it, I got the Born Too Slow delivered already but still waiting delivery of the Legion of Boom. both can be found relatively cheap to buy used.

Just pulled the trigger on these D-V beauties (Repentance - apparently I've been a bad doggie!)...

And now the long wait ...... from across the pond. It normally takes a month for those D~V titles to reach the shores of the Empire State [New Yawk].

See the source image

BTW, Pupster .... what's a MONTH in Dog YEARS?

Gee, I must be a more dedicated and loved D-V devotee, seems mine only take a little over 2 weeks😇

I ordered the Tomita as well as the Deodato 2-fer. I have the first Deodato on vinyl and have held off, but with the recent drought in interesting surround releases the time had come.

I really didn't know Tomita at all and so my interest was initially low, but I discovered that music from this particular album was used for some scenes in a very well-known Norwegian TV series from my childhood (kind of a combination of a children's series and classic comedy) so it will be interesting to hear in its original context.

How does the other previously released Tomita disc compare (the Ravel one)?

Back