Best. Customers. Ever.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We think this might be our new surround listening apparatus.
quad.JPG

Regards

Chucky

Hi Again

As promised, here are some lined up for final listening tests in our sound room and another in the room. Keep the faith, we really have had some financial hell mixed in with factory relocation, chicken shit investors that vanish, real supply issues and then having to redesign bits to get around the supply issue. Tomorrow if I remember I will post a look at the new speaker!

Regards

Chucky

1522414112438.png
1522414186008.png

Hi Inkubuzz

A general spec is listed below but remember it is a 10 channel amplifier (2 channels are used per speaker), the system incorporated our SST (sweet spot technology) that centers the image in all parts of the room eliminating the center channel, it also has full Involve surround processing:

Amplifier Class: AB
THD: Less than 0.1%
OHMS: 4 Ohm Capable
Inputs: Two (2) RCA
Three (3) HDMI
One (1) Bluetooth
Outputs: HDMI, (1) RCA, Headphone
Outside Material: Aluminium Composite
Dimensions: 420mm x 370mm x 110mm
Power RMS: 68W per channel, 680W total
Power Peak: 135W per channel, 1350W total
Weight: 13.5 kg
Y Speaker
ESP Panels: Two (2) Electrostatic Panels
THD: 0.1%
Power RMS: 68W
Power Peak: 135W
Frequency Response: 220hz to greater than 20,000Hz
Dimensions: 335mm x 304mm x 262mm
Weight: 1.5kg
Sub-Woofer
Power RMS: 68W
Power Peak: 135W
Dual Drivers: Two (2) 5’ Long throw cones
Frequency Response: 40hz to greater than 220hz
Dimensions: 335mm x 263mm x 263mm
Weight: 8.5kg

Hi DuncanS

Like you I am sorry to see Oppo dipping out of this market, I suppose the mp3 poison is continuing. The development of a good player is a very expensive project and whilst I would love to do it we just do not have the development funds. Pity as we have the right team for it.

Regards

Chucky

Hey Chucky ever thought about making a super CD/SACD/DVD-A/BD-A player? With Oppo out of the market.................

Probably completely unlikely, and it may be a complete financial non-starter, but....

Licensing to manufacturer Opp's products under their licensed name (Oppo may not go for that - the risk of sullying the brand name and reputation), or under another name (and therefore not damaging the Oppo brand name)?

Hi Again

As promised, here are some lined up for final listening tests in our sound room and another in the room. Keep the faith, we really have had some financial hell mixed in with factory relocation, chicken shit investors that vanish, real supply issues and then having to redesign bits to get around the supply issue. Tomorrow if I remember I will post a look at the new speaker!

Regards

Chucky

Hi Chucky, do you have an update on the Y4? DO you have an expected date its going to be manufactured and shipped to your backers? And of course... pics of the speakers pretty please. Id love to see those in my room!!!

Hi Inkubuzz

I am getting sick of my own lame promises!

It really is getting there, but still having last issues with the packaging manufacturer specifically the styro internal pads.....bloody detail cannot ship the bastards till we are confident .

But the good news is we are putting a bunch through final tests and in fact I am doing the final final test myself. Currently we have amplifiers all over the place as shown in the photos below. Also check out the new speakers with the connector system and flat high Voltage cable.

Hey Rustyandi.....how about paying us a vist and be the first QQ member to review the Y4 system . Keep the tradition!

Faith

Attachments

• IMG_20180518_100530-min.jpg
    IMG_20180518_100530-min.jpg
    760.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20180518_100638-min.jpg
    IMG_20180518_100638-min.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20180518_100650-min.jpg
    IMG_20180518_100650-min.jpg
    972.5 KB · Views: 158
Hi Inkubuzz

I am getting sick of my own lame promises!

It really is getting there, but still having last issues with the packaging manufacturer specifically the styro internal pads.....bloody detail cannot ship the bastards till we are confident .

But the good news is we are putting a bunch through final tests and in fact I am doing the final final test myself. Currently we have amplifiers all over the place as shown in the photos below. Also check out the new speakers with the connector system and flat high Voltage cable.

Hey Rustyandi.....how about paying us a vist and be the first QQ member to review the Y4 system . Keep the tradition!

Faith

I have never lost the faith chucky!!! I know you guys are doing what you can. And the long wait will make it definitely sweeter when I get to do the first listen! Those panels look sweet. my wife will probably be not unhappy (its a good thing)

Hi Inkubuzz

About those speakers, those are the final ones? with the clear panel in the middle or will the final version be in the same color as th rest of the speaker? will they have some kind of connector in the base to put em on some stands if necessary?

Yes, yes and Chris is working on it.

About those speakers, those are the final ones? with the clear panel in the middle or will the final version be in the same color as th rest of the speaker? will they have some kind of connector in the base to put em on some stands if necessary?

Back