What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. All
Another matrix LP came today..

( PYE 4D. QS QUAD-1033 -Alan Haven I`ll Walk Beside You :Factory sealed New )-

IMG_2489.JPG
IMG_2490.JPG

In celebration of Leonard Bernstein's 100th anniversary I have just proudly taken delivery of this still sealed, factory sample, twin disc set :

LB1.jpg

LB2.jpg

Rather expensive, but I've never seen one in this as new condition before so I'm very pleased.

Last edited:
Just arrived from Germany, another sealed example of one of my favourite labels, Electrola. Some 45 years on, the title "the exceptional sound of tomorrow" chosen for this sampler seems sadly ironic.

P1010135.JPG

I'm still on the look-out for several of the others shown on the rear cover :

P1010136.JPG

Last edited:
Just arrived from Germany, another sealed example of one of my favourite labels, Electrola. Some 45 years on, the title "the exceptional sound of tomorrow" chosen for this sampler seems sadly ironic.

View attachment 32568

I'm still on the look-out for several of the others shown on the rear cover :

View attachment 32569

I agree with you. These are superb recordings.

I am sure you already know this, but the Tchaikovsky Symphonies have been released on DTS-CD in the late 90's/early 2000's. I have some of them and enjoy them thoroughly.

I agree with you. These are superb recordings.

I am sure you already know this, but the Tchaikovsky Symphonies have been released on DTS-CD in the late 90's/early 2000's. I have some of them and enjoy them thoroughly.

Yes indeed, thanks.

Wait Wait Wait - 3 Dog Night Hard Labor was released in
Hi. All

More Matrix LP`s to my collection..

( Probe. QS IPZ-82001 -Three Dog Night Hard Labor)-
( CBS. SQ SOLL30 -Percy Faith Concert Memorial Album )-
( Product of Pickwick inter: Inc. SQ PMC-7177 -Schoenberg Verklarte Nacht -Transfigured Night- )-

View attachment 32680View attachment 32681View attachment 32682View attachment 32683View attachment 32695View attachment 32696View attachment 32697

Wait Whaaaaaaaaaaa -- Three Dog Night - Hard Labor was released in Quad???? It Snood fave by them :QQlove

Wait Wait Wait - 3 Dog Night Hard Labor was released in

Wait Whaaaaaaaaaaa -- Three Dog Night - Hard Labor was released in Quad???? It Snood fave by them :QQlove
Yes on ABC Records , in QS and Q8. As well as the quad "Coming Down Your Way ".

"Joy To The World " Greatest Hits Quad...was also slated to be issued, fwiw.

I barely keep up with these "What's Your Latest..." lists, but I came across a nice clean copy of Enoch Light and the Light Brigade, Charge! with the shrink wrap mostly intact, and the SQ sticker on the front. It's always cool to find LP's with promotional items still included.

Attachments

• Charge SQ.jpg
    Charge SQ.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 91
It's pretty amazing to see Warner Brothers and Atlantic releases that are in SQ instead of CD-4.

Hi. surround.sound.enthusiast
I think it was the time when companies where formulating what Quad system to support and alliances with other companies.

It's pretty amazing to see Warner Brothers and Atlantic releases that are in SQ instead of CD-4.

I agree.

I suppose the only quad matrix discs from North America I can think of (on WB or Atlantic ) would be the lone Alice Coltrane QS on WB., and the DY-4D Environments discs on Atlantic.

Two other "coincidental quads" would be Warner Bros Beaver And Krause , Ghandharva , and All Good Men.....both from discrete four channel mixdown .

Every so often during my journeys into thrifts an SQ Angel or QS Vox will turn up; I have quite a few of both labels. S 37406 is Itzhak Perlman and Pinchas Zukerman's DUETS FOR TWO VIOLINS, just the kind of background music for a hot, almost summer afternoon. These guys could play rings around each other for hours, I'd bet, but it's classical so a musician pretty much has to stick to what's written on the sheets.

ED :)

Back