DVD/DTS Poll Fleetwood Mac - FLEETWOOD MAC [DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Dolby DVD of FLEETWOOD MAC

• Total voters
I have refrained from making comments on this poll...other than the simple expression of how I feel..I LOVE IT...but you "get it"...the mix is "in your face"..in a good way...very "robust"..not timid and reserved..the vocals just draw you in..they stand out...and that is the way songs are supposed to be arranged...or they would be instrumentals...this title has been probed and over-analyzed to death...and on the topic of "reimagining"...this title is just the opposite...for those of us that grew up on this music..this IS the Fleetwood Mac sound...but the real irony is that this concept of reimagining is what a lot of people on her claim to want...that's all I heard when Sgt. Peppers wasn't like LOVE...which went even farther from the original music and even revised the music...there are 2 camps... one group lives and dies with the metrics...the 24/96...blu ray audio/sacd/dvd-audio...waveform/spectral analysis bunch...and the other group that just listens to the title and makes evaluations on the actual music and what they hear...

You have made my day...when someone like you gives this a strong endorsement...it means a lot to me(y)

Thank you for your kind thoughts, sir. :)

I think all of us would have preferred hi-rez, since we're so used to having it. But realistically, if this is all we were gonna get for 5.1, why would anyone in their right mind refuse it because of the format alone? I'm just glad to have made it this far to enjoy it, and it was worth the wait.

ED :)

Found this while on vacation at Hong Kong's HMV for HK$429 (>$55). (y)

Really like the surround mix and I'm on of those people who welcome creative additions. Very nice package. Glad to have the 24/96 stereo tracks to load on the Pono. Haven't dug into the live tracks yet.

A solid 9 here.

I've always thought this was an outstanding stereo mix, but I did an A/B with the surround and the new surround is just a fuller more complete sound, the stereo is still great but it seems more stripped back. I'm loving this surround mix big time!

I've spent some quality time with this disc and I gotta say, ain't no goin' back to the stereo....
as good as the 2 channel mix is, this surround really trumps it...better definition all around. Sure, higher rez would be even sweeter but this is still way better than a quad 8-track.

I didn't even think I could love these songs more than I already did, but there we are:)

I hope they do all the studio albums up to and including Tango. Future Games and Bare Trees would just be killer.

Question - anyone else notice the snare drops out totally in the fade of "Say You Love Me"?

one reason I love this album even more than Rumours is that they're still together here, although it's rocky. So many things expressed in these songs hit home for me...
I really like Lindsey's vocal on I'm So Afraid, he's really at the top of his range which suits what he's singing about and expresses real fear, Stevie also sings at the top of her range here and I can just see Janis smiling from above:)
This album also doesn't have the bitterness of Rumours. There's a real question here of which way to go and man, do I 'get it'.

I really waffled between a 7 and an 8. The music is so brilliant, but the mix quite disappoints me. I went with the 8 because I appreciate the choices to use alternate material in spots, I just really don't like the placement choices.

I really waffled between a 7 and an 8. The music is so brilliant, but the mix quite disappoints me. I went with the 8 because I appreciate the choices to use alternate material in spots, I just really don't like the placement choices.

This is an interesting observation as the 5.1 mix was one of the things that compelled me give this a perfect score. Crystal and I'm So Afraid...a couple of tracks that I thought were just OK back in the day...are transformed by this 5.1 into what I consider simply stunning cuts.

This is an interesting observation as the 5.1 mix was one of the things that compelled me give this a perfect score. Crystal and I'm So Afraid...a couple of tracks that I thought were just OK back in the day...are transformed by this 5.1 into what I consider simply stunning cuts.
I just HATE all channel lead vocal mixes, and this has a few. It's the same reason I don't often return to Rumours. With Tusk, OTOH, the surround has become my go to version. I think So Afraid is stunning on vinyl.

I just HATE all channel lead vocal mixes, and this has a few. It's the same reason I don't often return to Rumours. With Tusk, OTOH, the surround has become my go to version. I think So Afraid is stunning on vinyl.

Yep, there are things on some mixes that drive me crazy too. Mirage has a couple of cuts on them that irk me. Oh, I wonder what some of us could do if we got hold of the multichannels (digital files, not reels and reels of tape strewn around the den) and made our own mixes.

I'm not sure it was prudent to arrange to get this as a gift as I don't love the album, but I do love Monday Morning, and I'm pretty keen on Crystal and Landslide. It occured to me today that the latter two might not be great in surround, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Crystal is gorgeous - such a great job by Ken Caillat, and Landslide was really nice too. I have been wowed.

All in all, a pretty great set. I have no complaints on the 5.1 mix - I think that the original dynamics of the material lends itself nicely to the new surround mix. That is to say, not much abrasive high-end to cause fatigue. Standout tracks for me were Monday Morning, Rhiannon, and World Turning. I thought World Turning was actually pretty amazing in surround - despite the slow fade that goes on into eternity...

The set itself is nicely put together - attractive and intuitively designed. The stereo material is excellent. I was apprehensive about spending the $80 for it, but I'm certainly glad that I did. Rated it a 10.

This disc sounds great. I love it! I'm usually pretty anal about having to have a hi-res version but with this one I can easily forget that it's not.
This disc sounds great. I love it! I'm usually pretty anal about having to have a hi-res version but with this one I can easily forget that it's not.

Glad you enjoy it my man(y)

I don't usually have a problem with 20-bit, DTS, DD, etc. It is, however, frustrating when it seems those encodings were used for no good reason.
I would rather have lossless, just because I'm hearing all the data available, without any being arbitrarily stripped away.
Also, I have A/B'ed lossless to lossy for a couple of titles (Bowie's Reality and Caravan's Land of Grey and Pink) and each time the lossless disc/file sounded better. If my only option is DD or DTS, so be it. It's all about enjoyment and I can enjoy them. My preference is lossless, but I try not to let that spoil my fun.

Also, I have A/B'ed lossless to lossy for a couple of titles (Bowie's Reality and Caravan's Land of Grey and Pink) and each time the lossless disc/file sounded better. If my only option is DD or DTS, so be it. It's all about enjoyment and I can enjoy them. My preference is lossless, but I try not to let that spoil my fun.

I've found a lot of things like that over the years, and I don't just mean lossless vs. lossy, but recordings where one version may indeed be clearly superior, yet I only really notice if I'm doing an A/B.

Back