Suggestions for Dutton Vocalion Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Paul Mauriat I checked but couldn’t determine if DV released anything with “Love is Blue” on it. Would love that track (and would buy an entire album to obtain of course).

No. But the Paul Mauriat Surround SACD two-fer does have a Surround version of Anna's Song (Track 14). Very nice.

4607k.jpg

https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDLK4607
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/paul-mauriat-penelope-holidays-sacd.23521/

Thanks, decided to give these a try.

Let's hope by Friday afternoon we'll be so excited and thrilled with the news we'll all be placing preorders, and I'll want two copies of one of them.

I can think of a dozen titles that are not off limits and that would be earth shaking.

D/V please give us more titles that are so white hot in stature they cannot be sold two-fers.

ODE to FREDBLUE who lives, eats and breathes in DISCRETE surround [ambient recordings need NOT apply.....like Billy Cobham Live in Rome]

NO more TICKS
NO more POPs
NO more crappy 8 TRACKs
With splices breaking at the TOP

No more Scrubbing
of swishy CD~4s
Can now use my fairy liquid
To take scrumptious bubble baths

Getting Warner on Board
And UMG to up their ante
D~V could become
The very finest QUAD reissue house in History

I REST MY CASE!

NO more TICKS
NO more POPs
NO more crappy 8 TRACKs
With splices breaking at the TOP

No more Scrubbing
of swishy CD~4s
Can now use my fairy liquid
To take a scrumptious bubble bath

Getting Warner on Board
And UMG to up their ante
D~V would become
The very finest QUAD reissue house in History

I REST MY CASE!

haha.. you're a one off Ralphie baby, that's for sure!

in my eyes DV are already the finest Quad reissue house!

what they've achieved so far is nothing short of miraculous!

I mean, if we just take stock of the Quads they've got out there now;

both Art Garfunkel Quads,
both Deodato Quads,
a Guess Who 2-fer (of arguably their 2 best Quads),
both Hues Corporation's,
almost all the Hugo Montenegro Quads,
both Lynn Anderson's,
the Main Ingredient,
a number of Henry Mancini Quads,
several Percy Faith's,
both Pure Prairie League Quads,
a number of Ray Conniff's,
both Rick Derringer Quads,
Tower Of Power,
Return To Forever...

..and Quads that are either seeing their debut in discrete form (such as the spectacular Quad of Michel Legrand's 20 Songs Of The Century,
formerly on Dbl SQ LP only and not easy to find) and others only ever available on super rare/super expensive Japanese CD-4 LPs... its a stunning set of Quad releases.. and hopefully its set to continue..!!!

haha.. you're a one off Ralphie baby, that's for sure!

in my eyes DV are already the finest Quad reissue house!

what they've achieved so far is nothing short of miraculous!

I mean, if we just take stock of the Quads they've got out there now;

both Art Garfunkel Quads,
both Deodato Quads,
a Guess Who 2-fer (of arguably their 2 best Quads),
both Hues Corporation's,
almost all the Hugo Montenegro Quads,
both Lynn Anderson's,
the Main Ingredient,
a number of Henry Mancini Quads,
several Percy Faith's,
both Pure Prairie League Quads,
a number of Ray Conniff's,
both Rick Derringer Quads,
Tower Of Power,
Return To Forever...

..and Quads that are either seeing their debut in discrete form (such as the spectacular Quad of Michel Legrand's 20 Songs Of The Century,
formerly on Dbl SQ LP only and not easy to find) and others only ever available on super rare/super expensive Japanese CD-4 LPs... its a stunning set of Quad releases.. and hopefully its set to continue..!!!

[reply to above post]

Santana/Coltrane: Illuminations [one of my personal favorites]
Not to mention Some exquisite SONY/RCA Discrete Classical titles

I stand corrected, Adam, DV already is the finest QUAD reissue house in history and it ain't over 'til the Divine Miss M sings Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy in 5.1!

Last edited:
They need to issue titles that have at least one hit single or the entire album is a stone classic. Brecker Brothers might not fit the bill. Eric Carmen certainly fits and it's a fabulous sounding recording.

And yes, every new batch of releases no matter where they come from gets us hyped up for the next batch of possibilities.

But I really believe that the labels have watched QQ off and on over the years being reminded of the quad masters in their archives and thinking yes that (name a quad mixed master) is a true classic album deserving of a reissue including the multichannel mix which is there already done and paid for.

Jon / QQ and the members have had an influence.

So we may as well keep our top choice picks mentioned, and keep mentioning Court and Spark, Gorilla, AWB, Johnny & Edgar, and that last Alice Cooper, etc. titles that demand being freed up and heard on modern playback equipment. It's worked so far, we may as well keep up the talk and efforts.

All this just as a Doobies box set is about to be anounced.

I have a clean CD-4 copy of the Eric Carmen and it is one of my favorite quads, an enjoyable listen every time I cue it up.

definitely Arista's best CD-4 pressing I've heard so far (though most of the other Arista CD-4 LPs I have are so lousy that feels like damning it with faint praise when i'm not!).. that said, the Q8 of Eric Carmen sounds pretty nice too.. great album, decent enough Quad mix, if DV put it out I'll get it!

as Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes might say; "Wake Up Everybody"..!! :LOL:

more seriously, please be there's sone PIR Quads on DV's radar, some of the finest surround music I've yet to hear has been on those Philly International Quads
For me....
well I like Guess Who #10...always liked that Quadradisc and slightly better cover with that black border quad indicated giving that dayglow green with black a bit of a standout notice.
hoping more Guess Who comes out of course. G W VOL 2 Best.... would be nice. Pair it with Share The Land,. or Rockin' .

:》

Your Wish for "David Essex-Rock On" surely is on the DV Radar , Adam.

And Those are must haves as well with the two from Rick Derringer.

Back