Faulty Immersion BR Disks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My e-mail to [email protected]

Hi,
I bought Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon Immersion Box Set, and discovered that the Blu-Ray Audio disc failed to play after a while, I threw the disc away and gave away the Box Set, as I couldn't remember where I'd got it from, and thought maybe I had damaged the disc somehow.
So I bought another DSOTM Immersion Box Set, and discovered some time later that this disc had failed but after only 3 plays. I bought the Box Set purely to get the 5.1 mix & the Quad mix which I had originally on SQ LP. I got this Box Set from Burning Shed, but as they Box Sets are Out Of Print I was not happy, so I started a thread over on QuadraphonicQuad Forum, and discovered lots of other people with the European Box Sets had had the same problem.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/pink-floyd-dark-side-of-the-moon-blu-ray-disc-failure.22496/
I gather new discs are being prepared. Please could you inform me how I can get a new Blu-Ray disc when they are produced.
What concerns me is that I have all the other Pink Floyd Box Sets with Blu-Rays, including the expensive Early Years - were these discs made by the same manufacturer? Will they fail as well?
Thanks

The auto response from [email protected],

Hi there,
If your enquiry is regarding a faulty Dar Side of the Moon Blu-ray, we have an update.
The faulty batch has been identified and we will shortly be issuing instructions for a replacement disc to be sent to you.
Thanks for your patience.
Best,
Andy

I hope they make a supply of these new BDs available for purchase, in addition to replacements. I never bought the Immersion set and I'm certainly not going to buy one now.
According to their latest catalog,Acoustic Sounds is re-releasing both WYWH & DSOTM SACDS on their AP label. No date given though. Not Blu-ray but still..

According to their latest catalog,Acoustic Sounds is re-releasing both WYWH & DSOTM SACDS on their AP label. No date given though. Not Blu-ray but still..

I had the 5.1 SACD already, and sold it. What I want is the original Parsons quad mix that was on the Immersion box BD. I do prefer the SACD format though.

Tried my DSOTM BD today and it has now failed too. This has the same matrix as others that have failed.
ya just another very good reason to do back ups. I lost 2 my original Morph my Love album I was able to replace both. My former tenant a computer whiz told me this stuff in digital form is not safe. It won't last forever and will be susceptible to failure. Disc-memory cards - etc. I know the DS discs were poorly manufactured. I then saw a article on disc rot. If poorly made again, they will fail. We just don't know until too late!

Dear all,

We have now received a batch of new replacement Blu-ray's.

Please send/post your defective disc to the following address and we'll send you back a new disc.

DSOTM BD Replacement
POP Box 263
Wirral
CH29 9FU
United Kingdom

Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.

REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR RETURN ADDRESS FOR THE NEW DISC.

Best,
aeCreate

How timely....... just received the email to send in old disc for new:

Dear all,
We have now received a batch of new replacement Blu-ray's.

Please send/post your defective disc to the following address and we'll send you back a new disc.

DSOTM BD Replacement
POP Box 263
Wirral
CH29 9FU
United Kingdom

Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.
REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR RETURN ADDRESS FOR THE NEW DISC.
Best,

aeCreate

I was about to post it too! Timely reply after our message exchange.
What bugs me is having to pay for registered shipping (I will not take the risk of sending it untracked) for a problem not caused by me... But anyway, at last we will have a replacement!

Back