Deluxe Edition of "Imagine" Coming Soon! (Remixed 5.1 and Remastered Quad audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had (and obviously heard) the Capitol Q8 (both green and purple), the UK EMI Q8, and the SQ LP decoded and none of them reveal a very good quad mix. You almost have to strain your hearing to verify that you didn't accidentally play them in 2 channel mode.

There are certainly some great tunes on this album other than the title track, but if there is no surround mix in the box, I really don't need it. I don't play this one very much at all, as it's another one of those classic albums of my youth that is just about totally burned out in my head. I really do not need to hear it again - in stereo.

I've had (and obviously heard) the Capitol Q8 (both green and purple), the UK EMI Q8, and the SQ LP decoded and none of them reveal a very good quad mix. You almost have to strain your hearing to verify that you didn't accidentally play them in 2 channel mode.

There are certainly some great tunes on this album other than the title track, but if there is no surround mix in the box, I really don't need it. I don't play this one very much at all, as it's another one of those classic albums of my youth that is just about totally burned out in my head. I really do not need to hear it again - in stereo.

I am really bored with music as of late, and i think it derives from that fact Jon, i have heard hundreds of titles so many times, i could care less and dont listen again.. Lots and lots are quad and unless a new mix pops up or a new digital transfer, i can recite the words of too many. Probably just a side extract of being an old fuck like Carlin used to say.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said
"i may be old but we had the best bands"

I am really bored with music as of late, and i think it derives from that fact Jon, i have heard hundreds of titles so many times, i could care less and dont listen again.. Lots and lots are quad and unless a new mix pops up or a new digital transfer, i can recite the words of too many. Probably just a side extract of being an old fuck like Carlin used to say.

Don’t give up! There’s still tons of new music being made waiting for you to discover it! (It just isn’t in surround)... search and you will find.

I hear ya, quadtrade. Been thinking in those terms for a LONG time. So much modern music is derivative and we've heard those riffs and beats and thumps before......SO MANY Times. Sure the old Big Band music and grandiose Hollywood soundtracks were fresh, vibrant, melodic and NEW and even though DISCO was redneck~derided [as in fuck Disco] at least it was melodic, fresh and got people off their asses to boogie down.

As skherbeck posted above.........Surround Music hardly fits the bill as usually only the most popular and guaranteed to sell titles [with of course, THE exceptions] are remixed and yes, you've probably heard them a zillion times unless you lived in a cave and unfortunately, lower res RBCD, You tube and all the download sites are a greater source of less overplayed delights.

As in movies.......they always say "They don't make 'em like they used to...." Well, besides reMAKING them in somewhat dismal fashion, the acting today, even on your run of the mill TV series has more credible acting chops than the overwrought acting of the 40's, 50's and 60's and so many times I sit there and utter the next 'predictable' line and can see the 'plot twist' coming from a mile away but when one considers everything HAS been done before in some way, shape or form, filling those Network and Cable airwaves with 24/7 programming certainly begs repetition....or predictability.

Maybe QQ should have a thread: Astounding NEW or OLD Music you've NEVER Heard in whatever format. Or has that been done BEFORE?

But then, again......what's 'astounding' to some may be drivel to others. You can't please everyone!

So, HOW do you Sleep? With the lights ON and the ghost of John Lennon competing with the likes of IMAGINE~DRAGON?:mad:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...750D60AD76812D607C53750D60AD76812D6&FORM=VIRE

Last edited:
Some of the best music I've ever heard is being made right now.

Seeking out and listening to new music is a balm for the soul.

What kind of music are you alluding to, markshan? Specifically, ALL genres or rock 'n roll?

And lest we forget, modern musicians have SO much to draw upon from the past.

Most unfortunately, since the bean counters [lawyers/accountants] rule the major Movie Studios and record conglomerates, signing substantive NEW acts has been scarce unlike the 'old days' when record scouts took chances on new talent. And scouring the internet [you tube, etc] for new talent can also be tricky........One hit wonders or the new Beatles/Stones/Led Zeppelin/Hendrix, etc? Anyone with a video camera or 4K iPhone can expose themselves on the world wide net. Perhaps you can share some of this 'best music I've ever heard' discoveries with us....and believe me, I'm NOT being facetious as I, too, am starved for NEW SUBSTANTIVE TALENT!

Last edited:
What kind of music are you alluding to, markshan? Specifically, ALL genres or rock 'n roll?

And lest we forget, modern musicians have SO much to draw upon from the past.

Most unfortunately, since the bean counters [lawyers/accountants] rule the major Movie Studios and record conglomerates, signing substantive NEW acts has been scarce unlike the 'old days' when record scouts took chances on new talent. And scouring the internet [you tube, etc] for new talent can also be tricky........One hit wonders or the new Beatles/Stones/Led Zeppelin/Hendrix, etc? Anyone with a video camera or 4K iPhone can expose themselves on the world wide net. Perhaps you can share some of this 'best music I've ever heard' discoveries with us....and believe me, I'm NOT being facetious as I, too, am starved for NEW SUBSTANTIVE TALENT!
Well, I don't tend to think in genres, but a songwriter like Jason Isbell comes along about once every twenty years. In the 70s we had John Prine, in the 90s Lucinda Williams and today Jason. In a couple weeks I am going to see three of my favorite new (well, from this century anyway) bands on the same bill; Tedeschi/Trucks, Drive By Truckers and Marcus King Band. I've seen Dawes twice. I've seen Lake Street Dive twice. Chris Stapleton won a couple country Grammys, but he has far more in common with Skynyrd than he does with Florida Georgia Line. I'm very lucky to have an excellent Independent Public Radio station in my town (Pittsburgh - WYEP) which exposes me to a lot of stuff that nobody else plays. Besides, a lot of the best music of any era has to be sought out. Did The Dead or Elvis Costello ever burn up the charts? I don't think so. In the amazing music year of 1976, who was the biggest band in the country? That's right, The Starland f***ing Vocal Band! They were so big they got a summer network variety show (which sucked even worse than their music). I call it the "history filter". We remember the good stuff from any given era and block out the crap.

Here are a few videos to make it easier. Give them a few listens before you come to a conclusion. Familiarity is powerful.

Let me know which ones you like (if any) and I can recommend more in that vein. If some mod wants to move this detour to it's own thread I won't be at all offended.

I dunno man, this album in quad is one of my favourites.

Musically it's very good....best quad track is Oh Yoko..circular effect at the ending. Had both the green Q8 and SQ disc. (Just the SQ now )

If it's 5ch good on them , but would buy it without reservation if it's got the quad tracks.

Always wanted POB in surround as well. Lennon's musical solo early years are very good, I think. Quite collectible.

Back