Abba back

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Are you sure you wanna hear more?"
my opinions are better where they are, kept locked away. No one wants to hear it anyway! lol.
I am no dancing queen. There was a TV show on them, and they were idolized in Finland! People would take the baby out to see them, it was a family event. Parades, Rolls Royce, and so much attention paid to them.

I always liked them, they worked their little swede keisters off with all their material . Regarding Frida and Agnetha's voices, neither of them have abused anything, so I'll believe it.
Could also be a swansong of sorts cause one of the guys was pretty sick a few years ago and they may feel like having a last hurrah, so good for them... I mean it's not like they NEED the money!!!

There is a poster in our foyer signed by the Broadway cast of Mamma Mia. My GF Marty and I were in NYC in '07 and got it at the show. It was a thank you gift for donating to Broadway Cares, benefitting AIDS and breast cancer.

Marty is such an Abba nut that she saw the show in Chicago, NYC and London.

There is a poster next to it that is signed by the Raul Esparza cast of Company. We saw that show on the same trip, again donating to Broadway cares. It was so good that I saw the show a second time in NYC a few weeks later on a business trip.

I was surprised that I enjoyed the show version of Mamma Mia, meanwhile the film left me feeling more like how I thought I would with the show.

My fiancé is an Abba nut also, spent her sophomore year of high school as a Rotary student in Sweden during the height of Abbadom, and she's Swedish American by descent also..... Of course, for her birthday last August I took her to the traveling company performance of Mamma Mia in Pittsburgh. Live it is very good, not so enamored of the film either.

What I heard of the commentary was interesting: that the opening scene at night in the boat was shot during the daytime, for example.

Back