Steven Wilson Will In Absentia or Deadwing be Reissued?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gary, thanks again for adding new features to the Music Media Helper sw. I did the phase invert. All good for most of the tracks, but for some reason on my pc the following flacs are not processed:
4. The Sound of Muzak
5. Gravity Eyelids
7. Prodigal

The program starts but after a few seconds it stops working. In task manger I see the CPU usage go to 0%. Not sure what is going on.

Where is this news?

I was referring to Post #100, that if (and it's Wilson so in my book if means when) In Absentia is reissued the 5.1 phasing issues have already been corrected. I would gladly upgrade my dts/DVD-A to Blu-ray, for both the corrected 5.1 and remastered high resolution stereo tracks without excessive DRC.

I was referring to Post #100, that if (and it's Wilson so in my book if means when) In Absentia is reissued the 5.1 phasing issues have already been corrected. I would gladly upgrade my dts/DVD-A to Blu-ray, for both the corrected 5.1 and remastered high resolution stereo tracks without excessive DRC.
Thanks Doby, I thought at first there was a further announcement from Thomas about these reissues :)

Any official/unofficial news on these reissues?
I've read that we well get the CDs, but what about Hi-res and surround mixes?

Now, yes there is....and it seems we have to be very patient. A new interview this week (read the whole thing, it's got lots of good stuff):
https://fabriziopedrotti.com/2018/05/22/steven-wilson-every-time-i-go-on-stage-i-can-get-shot/

-Any news about the Porcupine Tree reissues?
-Yes, in two or three years I would like to launch some special versions of “In absentia” (2002) and “Deadwing” (2005), with three or four CD’s. I have my sketches of the songs, demos of tracks that did not end up on the records, live material, B sides, things that we did in those periods, videos, surround remixes … a lot of material. I would also add texts about the recording, photographs and so on. Those are going to be huge projects, so I hope that people hold on until they come out.

Interesting that SW mentioned 3-4 CD's. I had a chat with Andy Leff (PT's manager at the time) at the last PT gig at the Royal Albert Hall, there was a Lasse Hoile exhibition in one of the rooms off the hall with loads of unused pictures from the album sessions. I did suggest it would be a great idea for all the PT albums from Lightbulb Sun onwards (that have 5.1 mixes) to be released in the same book format as Anesthetize, I think only that and Insurgentes had been released in that format at that point, but had sold out pretty much instantly, he certainly took the idea on board. I wonder if we'll get them in the now standard books as there is obviously the material to fill them, fingers crossed!

Don't remind me, I bought them the first time around!
I only learned about PT because of the Alex Lifeson (Rush) solo on FoaBP. I liked the album, but it didn't take.
QQ got me in to the surround releases. FoaBP blows me away in 5.1, plus Nil Recurring on the same disc. The Incident, Deadwing, In Absentia, Insurgentes, Raven, all awesome. So glad I discovered them.

Don't remind me, I bought them the first time around!

I hear ya. I recall I bought IA and Deadwing not long after I had graduated high school. Being born in '85, IA is older now than some of my dad's "classic rock" albums were at the time I started listening to them as a kid! :eek:

Interesting that SW mentioned 3-4 CD's. I had a chat with Andy Leff (PT's manager at the time) at the last PT gig at the Royal Albert Hall, there was a Lasse Hoile exhibition in one of the rooms off the hall with loads of unused pictures from the album sessions. I did suggest it would be a great idea for all the PT albums from Lightbulb Sun onwards (that have 5.1 mixes) to be released in the same book format as Anesthetize, I think only that and Insurgentes had been released in that format at that point, but had sold out pretty much instantly, he certainly took the idea on board. I wonder if we'll get them in the now standard books as there is obviously the material to fill them, fingers crossed!

I like this idea. Or something along the lines of the JT and Marillion books. And filled with pictures, interviews, and stories from the time, with demos, outtakes, live recordings, etc. Would be very cool. (y)

Back