Bryan Adams Reckless - Replacement Discs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betoquiroga

None of my blu ray players are able to read Bryan Adams Reckless Blu ray Audio. Has anyone else encountered the same problem with these discs? Does anyone know who to contact at Universal Music for replacement discs (for Canada)?

None of my blu ray players are able to read Bryan Adams Reckless Blu ray Audio. Has anyone else encountered the same problem with these discs? Does anyone know who to contact at Universal Music for replacement discs (for Canada)?
No problems here... maybe it’s a regional thing? Or maybe a defective disc?

That title was released almost 4 years ago...so there won't be any replacement disc offered...you will be told to contact the vendor and the vendor will tell you that almost 4 years has passed....there is only one report on here of problems with that disc...it came after the individual had played it numerous times...sounds like a defective disc situation...sorry to hear that....maybe a "heads up" to those of us that might want to rip a personal copy....hereis the complaint I mentioned post #90

Thank you both for the replies. The disc was playing perfectly, then I started noticing some pixellation and then it stopped playing altogether. I read the post #90 that Clint linked to and it sounds like what happened to my disc. The disc is clean and it doesn't play.
Sad, but I'll order another copy then.

Thank you both for the replies. The disc was playing perfectly, then I started noticing some pixellation and then it stopped playing altogether. I read the post #90 that Clint linked to and it sounds like what happened to my disc. The disc is clean and it doesn't play.
Sad, but I'll order another copy then.

Do you live in the US or Europe?

I purchased the Blu-ray some time last year and only played the hit songs a couple of times. Went to play it recently and it won't go past the first menu which at best is pixelated. Tried it on Oppo Bdp-95, Panasonic & Xbox one and won't play on any of them.

I purchased the Blu-ray some time last year and only played the hit songs a couple of times. Went to play it recently and it won't go past the first menu which at best is pixelated. Tried it on Oppo Bdp-95, Panasonic & Xbox one and won't play on any of them.

Wow Boy Greg from Geelong. Joined in 2015 and first post in 2018. What took you so long? :LB

Welcome to QQ. Sorry to hear you have a problem. I have the same Oppo BD player and US BDA (Amazon) but haven’t played Reckless ever. Just converted to FLAC on first release and play on a media player. I wonder if yours can be read by a PC or MAC and converted to FLAC? If you have a BD drive you could try MakeMKV (free).

Hi HomerJ. Yes I've definitely been a lurker! It was just a perfect storm of me trying to play "Reckless" and seeing this post.

Unfortunately none of the PC's I have access to have a bd drive. I've contacted JB Hifi and even though it won't be covered by warranty asked if they can give me a contact as I believe it is definitely a faulty disc. After purchasing many LP's, CD's, DVD's, Blu-rays & digital downloads over the years this is my first dud which is both fortunate & unfortunate.

Hi HomerJ. Yes I've definitely been a lurker! It was just a perfect storm of me trying to play "Reckless" and seeing this post.

Unfortunately none of the PC's I have access to have a bd drive. I've contacted JB Hifi and even though it won't be covered by warranty asked if they can give me a contact as I believe it is definitely a faulty disc. After purchasing many LP's, CD's, DVD's, Blu-rays & digital downloads over the years this is my first dud which is both fortunate & unfortunate.

I'm sorry about the circumstance which prompted you to post...but I'm very glad you decided to post...welcome:hi....hopefully you will become an active member:dance

I wonder if yours can be read by a PC or MAC and converted to FLAC? If you have a BD drive you could try MakeMKV (free).

This is a good point as I have had a couple of discs that had scratches/skipped but when ripped the digital file plays fine. I didn't encounter any problems on my disc.

I got this drive a while back, (think it was the summer of 69) although it doesn't seem to be on sale anymore. It may seem expensive for a one disc love affair, but if you're contemplating ripping DVDA/Blu Ray it may work with your Reckless title. :cool:

This is a good point as I have had a couple of discs that had scratches/skipped but when ripped the digital file plays fine. I didn't encounter any problems on my disc.

I got this drive a while back, (think it was the summer of 69) although it doesn't seem to be on sale anymore. It may seem expensive for a one disc love affair, but if you're contemplating ripping DVDA/Blu Ray it may work with your Reckless title. :cool:

In the US...the actual disc is still available at a reasonable price HERE

Having had two failures of the Dark Side Of The Moon BDA I thought I'd better try out my Reckless BDA disc again, its Ok (phew) so I made 2.0 & 5.1 FLACs just in case which is playing as I type!

Back