The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, while we wait for the next 5.1 mix (whatever it is), Andy Partridge is releasing a 10" single with covers of Pink Floyd's "Apples & Oranges" and The Bonzo Dog Band's "Humanoid Boogie." It's a limited edition of 1,396 copies and is available exclusively from Burning Shed. I've ordered mine!

As have I, thank you for the alert!

Andy still has not revealed what the next XTC 5.1 title is, but he said on Twitter yesterday that they are looking at reissuing the "Transistor Blast" set as a CD/Blu-Ray set this year. (Probably not in 5.1 due to the nature of the source material)

:)

I like Transistor Blast... but I hope I do not get to say this year (to slightly paraphrase that XTC song) 'All I got was Transistor Blast...'

I have accidentally stumbled across some information that I cannot verify but which strongly suggests that the next XTC album might in fact be English Settlement. However, I don't think it would be appropriate to mention the source.

I really hope that this turns out to be true as I believe that English Settlement is the crowning glory among a wonderful collection of XTC albums. I would definitely rate this album as one of my top 10 favourite Rock/Progressive albums.

Jim

I have accidentally stumbled across some information that I cannot verify but which strongly suggests that the next XTC album might in fact be English Settlement. However, I don't think it would be appropriate to mention the source.

I really hope that this turns out to be true as I believe that English Settlement is the crowning glory among a wonderful collection of XTC albums. I would definitely rate this album as one of my top 10 favourite Rock/Progressive albums.

Jim

I hope it’s true as well!
The last info I had seen was that there were still some tapes missing, but if they found them, that would be great!
There’s also 4 good B-sides from that period that would be great additions to the set!

:)

I sure hope this is true and it would make my year. Especially, since I felt it was going to be The Big Express the next time around. English Settlement and Oranges & Lemons are two of my very favorites and I have played them too many times to count, but in a good way. Oh, Runa...Oh, Runa...Ooooooh Runawaaaaays (Please come home).....

I sure hope this is true and it would make my year. Especially, since I felt it was going to be The Big Express the next time around. English Settlement and Oranges & Lemons are two of my very favorites and I have played them too many times to count, but in a good way. Oh, Runa...Oh, Runa...Ooooooh Runawaaaaays (Please come home).....

There may be no Golden Fleece, but a 5.1 mix they may release....

Jim

Love the releases so far, can't fault them. ES is up there as one of, if not their best for me. After ES, all the ones from the original run on Virgin that I'm really after will be on my shelf.

Could be some Penteo upmixes included

I hope if there are some Penteo upmixes, it's just on some bonus tracks.
I applaud the fact that every XTC Surround release up to now has had all discrete mixes for every album track (and most of the bonus tracks too!)
I know there should be full multitrack tapes available for both "Apple Venus" and "Wasp Star" since they were recorded most recently, so if tapes are still missing for "English Settlement", "Mummer", and "The Big Express", then I hope they would mix "Apple Venus" and "Wasp Star" in surround sound first (even though they are weaker albums IMHO) rather than resorting to upmixing any missing tracks from the 80s records, cause the real tapes could always turn up later on.

I know there should be full multitrack tapes available for both "Apple Venus" and "Wasp Star" since they were recorded most recently, so if tapes are still missing for "English Settlement", "Mummer", and "The Big Express", then I hope they would mix "Apple Venus" and "Wasp Star" in surround sound first (even though they are weaker albums IMHO) rather than resorting to upmixing any missing tracks from the 80s records, cause the real tapes could always turn up later on.

Are there even tapes for those sessions? Might have been all digital (no tape) around that time.

Back