Marillion - "All One Tonight" (Albert Hall 2017.10.13)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
After buying both Marillion deluxe sets, the Sunday Night blu-ray, the Hogarth/Barbieri album I thought I might get notified of new stuff...maybe I didn't check the right box on the page or something. But I see now there's a new Marillion live blu-ray (and dvd, and "deluxe" set) from the RAH show last October with a 5.1 mix of course. The show features the latest album but also adds a twist - string quartet, flute, tuba. I'm still trying to decide between the blu-ray and the deluxe....leaning deluxe as I'm a sucker heheh.

All One Tonight (Deluxe 2 x Blu-ray, 2 x CD)
All One Tonight ( 2 x Blu-ray)
All One Tonight (2 x DVD)

This is a great live release, well shot and edited and sound quality is superb. However, the 5.1 mix is shocking, pretty much nothing in the rears - had to check they were even on and working!

This is a great live release, well shot and edited and sound quality is superb. However, the 5.1 mix is shocking, pretty much nothing in the rears - had to check they were even on and working!

Agreed. I forgive the 5.1 mix, because as you say the sound (and picture) quality are excellent. And what a great performance!

Agreed. I forgive the 5.1 mix, because as you say the sound (and picture) quality are excellent. And what a great performance!

Yeah, the mix and quality of sound is superb. Just wish the rears were actually utilised because imo they missed a huge trick not having some of the strings in the rears and mixed out towards the sides more rather than it being so front heavy.

That they had said they were out of the deluxe sets but were putting more together bought me a bit of time to make up my mind, and this week they started taking orders again on the deluxe for shipping starting next week. Worked out to about $62 shipped for the dlx so I went for it.

Blu ray available for £7.99 at the moment, amazon uk at least. Not picked this up but will do at this price

I finally purchased this Blu-Ray from Marillion's website.
The interest in this set was two-fold:

1) An entire performance of the recent album "FEAR" for the first half
2) The performances with the friends from the orchestra in the second half

Should be a great set, and I'm very much looking forward to having it in my hands very soon!

:)

I finally purchased this Blu-Ray from Marillion's website.
The interest in this set was two-fold:

1) An entire performance of the recent album "FEAR" for the first half
2) The performances with the friends from the orchestra in the second half

Should be a great set, and I'm very much looking forward to having it in my hands very soon!

:)

This was my first Marillion purchased and now I have most of them. It is a great show!!! Last year I was in the Marillion weekend in Lisboa...3 days, 3 concerts, 3 differents set lists.......I was incredible!!

I just saw it will be a new record in february.....TRANSATLANTIC...and of course surround mix

http://www.marillion.com/shop/search.php?s=absolute

Back