Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Gene, I and I know Clinty are justifiably proud of you for 'cleaning' up your orders but I can almost assure you that the only way you'll procure Appetite from AmazonUS for $75 is if you wait a year until they 'blow it out' as a used, like new Warehouse Special.

For you, Gene, to wait a full year, or so, for that to happen is akin to:

that wait is even more ironic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_La_Mancha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Killed_Don_Quixote

chronicles Terry Gilliam's 29 year wait to finally put a film in the can about Don Quixote

It is widely recognized as one of the most infamous examples of development hell in film history, with Gilliam unsuccessfully attempting to make the film many times over the span of twenty-nine years.

Lost_in_La_Mancha_-_poster.jpg
The_Man_Who_Killed_Don_Quixote_poster.png

Last edited:
Well, here is the irony of all this searching for the cheapest price...ordering from one, canceling and reordering to get a cheaper price....
Seems that's not the way to do it....

Deep D and Import both refunded me....but they don't refund the total amount that was originally charged. Because I'm too lazy to try to figure it out...I'm not exactly sure which part they don't refund back....but essentially by taking that away.....I have saved nothing by chasing the cheapest price. UGH...... Games.....it's all games......maybe I'll go ahead and email them and ask why they don't refund the full amount....

EDIT - OK, it's the tax they don't refund back. Geez.......

Well, here is the irony of all this searching for the cheapest price...ordering from one, canceling and reordering to get a cheaper price....

Deep D and Import both refunded me....but they don't refund the total amount that was originally charged. Because I'm too lazy to try to figure it out...I'm not exactly sure which part they don't refund back....but essentially by taking that away.....I have saved nothing by chasing the cheapest price. UGH...... Games.....it's all games......maybe I'll go ahead and email them and ask why they don't refund the full amount....

Either they made a mistake...or you used some variation of pay pal...as I mentioned to you before...I never use pay pal for a pre order...only when I'm sure I'm going to buy a product because they charge you instantly and sometimes it takes a while to process a refund....this sounds like a pay pal fee to me...but in any case you should email them..

Either they made a mistake...or you used some variation of pay pal...as I mentioned to you before...I never use pay pal for a pre order...only when I'm sure I'm going to buy a product because they charge you instantly and sometimes it takes a while to process a refund....this sounds like a pay pal fee to me...but in any case you should email them..
It's not a paypal fee. The email I received from paypal said Deep Discount has refunded part of the the purchase. I checked both, and clearly the refund I'm receiving is everything except the tax. I will go ahead and email them....and find out under what conditions do they not refund the sales tax. Seems bizarre to me....

It's not a paypal fee. The email I received from paypal said Deep Discount has refunded part of the the purchase. I checked both, and clearly the refund I'm receiving is everything except the tax. I will go ahead and email them....and find out under what conditions do they not refund the sales tax. Seems bizarre to me....

Ah...well I understand now...it is an indirect problem of using pay pal....since they collect the funds immediately with a pay pal purchase that money is already allocated to the state and might have been "administratively" disbursed...you will probably get the money back....but this is exactly what I mentioned in the past....there can be delays in the refund process when using pay pal for preorders that you decide to cancel...that's why I use credit cards for pre orders....they don't charge you immediately and a refund is a simple and faster procedure for the merchant

Pre-ordered from Amazon, $145. And if it's lower anywhere else on release day, they refund you the difference. Really can't go wrong with Amazon. And, you get it on day of release.

Pre-ordered from Amazon, $145. And if it's lower anywhere else on release day, they refund you the difference. Really can't go wrong with Amazon. And, you get it on day of release.
I thought Amazon’s pre-order policy only would cover price drops by Amazon and not specifically guarantee a price match with other retailers. Is this new?

I thought Amazon’s pre-order policy only would cover price drops by Amazon and not specifically guarantee a price match with other retailers. Is this new?

They don't price match HERE...and sometimes they don't even match their lowest price...it's happened to members on here before...the best thing to do when the price drops at amazon and your order doesn't reflect that....cancel that order and re order with the lower price...don't depend on them to remember all the price drops...just saying..

I don't have any problem with GNR...I just only remember about 2 songs that my daughter & son played over and over and over and over and...! What...Welcome to the Jungle & Where Do We Go Now (I think!)?
I think you mean the other one was Sweet Child O' Mine, which features "where do we go now" as a chorus for the last third. Supposedly they were demoing the song and it wasn't long enough and Axl started asking "where do we go now" instead of the third verse, which became the song's close.

If you like aggressive hard rock you'll like it. If you don't it's best avoided. It's also the top selling debut album in history, for what it's worth.

I think you mean the other one was Sweet Child O' Mine, which features "where do we go now" as a chorus for the last third. Supposedly they were demoing the song and it wasn't long enough and Axl started asking "where do we go now" instead of the third verse, which became the song's close.

If you like aggressive hard rock you'll like it. If you don't it's best avoided. It's also the top selling debut album in history, for what it's worth.
Yes, thanks! BTW my kids grew me up listening to everthing from Pantera to GNR to, well, I don't know can't remember all the bands.

EDIT - OK, it's the tax they don't refund back. Geez.......

DeepDiscount offers FREE shipping for orders $25 and more. ImportCD charges [usually] $2.99 for the first item and $1.49 for EACH additional item [except for EXTRA shipping charges incurred by oversized parcels]*. Neither, AT THIS TIME, charges me sales tax but Gene, IF your order WAS canceled, they should've refunded you the entire amount since the transaction WAS canceled well ahead of the release date. VERY surprised.

I'd bitch, moan and complain and threaten to never do business with them again. That's BS!

*AFAIK, neither DeepDiscount nor ImportCD imposed an extra shipping charge on Appetite for Destruction.

BTW, I canceled my original order for Appetite OVER THE PHONE with Deep Discount and was NOT charged anything and then placed the order for Appetite with ImportCD [10% off].

Last edited:
So, June 29th is coming up pretty fast....I went ahead and cancelled my Amazon US order as I was afraid I'd forget. :)
So - now it's all up to ImportCD's to have it in stock on release day and get it to me in a reasonable amount of time.

Last edited:
So, June 29th is coming up pretty fast....I went ahead and cancelled my Amazon US order as I was afraid I'd forget. :)
So - now it's all up to ImportCD's to have it in stock on release day and get it to me in a reasonable amount of time.

Got an email with tracking number today. Getting antsy over here.... from ImportCD's

Back