Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duh - I totally forgot my own advice that I gave to you all several months ago....don't just buy 3 discs from DV...because they cram them into a small package...and the third one doesn't fit, so they slide it over the top of the other 2....and it creates a bind...and often something gets cracked.

Well. Upon opening my Poco, it's cracked on the front, and the hinge is broken. Dammit......

Ordered and shipped on June 29th. Haven't received them yet. Should I be worried?:(

Same here.
My last order in May came in nine days.
But that was the exception, every other was four to five weeks.
So I'm not worried.

41zbM%2By3ocL._SL500_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

So I FINALLY got a response from DV yesterday when I asked for a tracking # (I originally asked for one almost 20 days ago and got no response)
From that information I found out that the SACDs have been sitting in my apt office for 10 days! I got no notification from the post office or the apt office that this package was here.
Wow, so frustrating... :mad:

Same issue here. I wrote them today and they replied right away saying they would replace it at their cost if not received by next week. Excellent service, great company!

I agree Great Company! I received notice that the SACDs were shiped on June 29th but I have not received them yet. It is unusual to take so long to be delivered. I received a prompt response from the company with a similar response.

I agree Great Company! I received notice that the SACDs were shiped on June 29th but I have not received them yet. It is unusual to take so long to be delivered. I received a prompt response from the company with a similar response.
Welcome back Flaquad, long time since I've seen Jethro post!

Wow...first post in over 5 years:dancestick around this time:cool:

Shipped via Czechoslovakia?

Yeah, mine as well. I don't remember that being the case previously. I assume the discs are pressed in Austria and the Czech Republic shares a border with that country, so maybe somehow it just made more logistical sense. Maybe it's a stretch, but I wonder if the whole Brexit thing somehow makes it work better if the discs don't enter the UK before being sent to us.

My order which shipped July 2 arrived today, August 1.
Shipped via Czechoslovakia? :unsure:
View attachment 34014
Anyway, arrived in the expected time frame in good shape.

Interesting. The SACDs I've ordered from Dutton Vocalion come via Swiss Post in Switzerland.
Seems like it would be faster if they were shipped from the UK to the US rather than from Switzerland.

DV may be trying other shipping options - and countries - these days.

My order which shipped July 2 arrived today, August 3 from Czech to Canada to USA.
Sent standard mail as the tracking option does not provide actual tracking and requires signature when delivered.

Back