• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

JVC 5911 Wired Quadraphonic Joystick Balance Control with Master Volume Control

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadzilla

Exiled QQ Veteran
Since 2002/2003
This JVC 5911 "4 Channel Remote Control" can be connected to all JVC models having wired remote controls, including the 4VR-5445, 4VR-5414, VM-5101, 4VN-770 and 4VN-990. Installation and operation are very straightforward, but a copy of the manual can be downloaded from Audio Engine if you need one.

There is a 3.5 meter long cable, terminated with an 8-pin female DIN connector. I have no way to test it, so it is being sold 'as-is'. It is a passive device though, and the innards look clean with no obvious corrosion or damage. Both photos are the actual unit that is for sale.

P1030037.JPG

If you are interested, please reply to this thread and send me a Private Message (or whatever they are called now). I am asking CDN$65, including insured postage within Canada (US$65 to the Lower 48 to compensate for the higher postage). Canadian payment by Interac Direct money transfer is appreciated. Other International sales will be considered, but I will not accept standard PayPal (and postage will have to be determined).

P1030038.JPG

Last edited:
I had already found one a couple years ago. Unfortunately JVC/Victor 4 channel equipment doesn't seem to be popular with our group. I have to admit that I tried mine once and found it rather wonky and difficult to position to my satisfaction. It was actually easier to get up and adjust from the receiver. I have to get my 4VR5456 repaired as I prefer it to my Sansui QRX7001.

The socket is present but it has a different configuration.

It is odd that they wouldn't standardize within the brand, although the RC for yours might have a track selector that receiver RCs won't have.

I can tell you that the remote is compatible with my X9 integrated amp as well as my 5456. I suspect you are right about the track changer Quadzilla.

Back