Steven Wilson Roxy Music Surround Appeal

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Steven.

Let me be the first at this time and start by making the request for any MORE Roxy Music titles in surround -----please.

Specifically , if possible ,"For Your Pleasure " , "Stranded ", and "Country Life " . :》

All of which chronologically follow your surround mix of their self titled debut .

THANK YOU , for all your endeavors to date.

Perhaps if the ROXY 'people' can dispense with ALL THE GLITZ and rather give us LOSSLESS 5.1 remasters on either MLP DVD~A or BD~A, it WOULD/COULD be more expeditiously viable!

Enough with the glossy coffee table hardcover books/outtakes/vinyl.

Just give us the BEEF?

Perhaps if the ROXY 'people' can dispense with ALL THE GLITZ and rather give us LOSSLESS 5.1 remasters on either MLP DVD~A or BD~A, it WOULD/COULD be more expeditiously viable!

Just give us the BEEF?
Or just flac files to save on manufacturing and distribution cost. Plus an iso file to burn for those how want a disc.

My preference for surround would always be a standalone 5.1 edition or cd/bluray edition , or cd/dvd-dts .

I might be wrong , but I'm not certain it was the band members that held up the debut release . More so the label dragging it's feet . Perhaps Steven could elucidate , but at this point the matter is moot .

Anyways , I most definitely would love to see the " Wilson Touch " on those 3 unique classics from Roxy Music .

Just give us the BEEF?
But you have to admit, that is a very nice book!(y)

I know the big news of the day is obviously the long-awaited release of "The Seeds of Love" in 5.1, but I thought you all would be interested in this topic too.

A new thread was posted just now on the VivaRoxyMusic.com fan site by the site owner with the subject "Deluxe & Delightful".
The question posed is this: "If For Your Pleasure & Stranded had to get a similar Deluxe Edition as the debut album, what would you like to see it contain?"

This was my response:
The main reason I purchased the 2018 "Roxy Music" Super Deluxe Edition was to get Steven Wilson's 5.1 surround mix of the album, so the top priority for ANY Roxy Music deluxe editions would be the inclusion of a 5.1 surround mix, preferably mixed by Steven Wilson, but he's not the only person that is capable of doing great 5.1 mixes.

I also enjoyed the bonus CDs in the 2018 RM DE quite a lot, so similar bonus discs in future deluxe editions would be most welcome.
I similarly appreciated the fact that the DVD contained video footage that was shot around the time of the album's release, so I would definitely like comprehensive video footage on DVD in each of the deluxe editions too.

Finally, I was very lucky that I pre-ordered the RM DE right away on amazon so my final total for the box set was under $100. Anything over that amount would probably be priced too exorbitantly for my tastes, so I hope the band takes that into account for future box sets.

I do hope more deluxe editions will be released starting next year!
Thanks for taking the time to ask this very important question of us!

Now the site owner actually helped out on the 2018 "Roxy Music" Super Deluxe Edition release, so if you are a major fan of the band and want to see further deluxe editions with surround sound, get on over to the website and let your voice be heard!

http://www.vivaroxymusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3190
:)

Tried to register on the forum but the Confirmation Code does not appear on any browser I tried. :unsure:
I can't register either.....wonder if the site is actually still current and running, because it does'nt give you a code!! :oops:
This is the message that is displayed

To prevent automated registrations the board requires you to enter a confirmation code. The code is displayed in the image you should see below. If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise read this code please contact the %sBoard Administrator%s.

Given that the thread was created today and that rtbluray responded today, I would say that the site is current.

Wonder if rtbluray made an account today or has been a member for awhile?

Well like everything that we've had via that Roxy Music first album , I'm not surprised there are some glitches.

Let's hope they get resolved soon so we can post our support for the rest of the early releases namely ;
For Your Pleasure , Stranded , and Country Life .
These being primarily my must have Roxy Music surround requests , but if they went with all the remainder in chronological order, that to would be great . :)

Back