Deluxe Edition of "Imagine" Coming Soon! (Remixed 5.1 and Remastered Quad audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am cautiously optimistic that the BDAs from the super deluxe box set will be available as a standalone release.

That does not appear to be the case.
There’s the super deluxe box set, 1 and 2 CD versions, along with some vinyl versions.
However, it does appear that you can get the same 5.1 mixes in video form on the “Imagine & “Gimme Some Truth” Blu-Ray release for less than $20, and I have posted the amazon pre-order link above.

:)

That does not appear to be the case.
There’s the super deluxe box set, 1 and 2 CD versions, along with some vinyl versions.
However, it does appear that you can get the same 5.1 mixes in video form on the “Imagine & “Gimme Some Truth” Blu-Ray release for less than $20, and I have posted the amazon pre-order link above.

So for the Quadrosonic, one needs to get the box set.

So for the Quadrosonic, one needs to get the box set.

That’s exactly what it looks like, however, given most of the reviews of the Quad mix, it doesn’t sound like anyone will really miss out by just getting the films Blu-Ray.

So does anyone know if the Film contains complete tracks in newly remixed Surround?

So does anyone know if the Film contains complete tracks in newly remixed Surround?

I've never seen the "Imagine" film before, but it sounds like it does have complete (or nearly complete) versions of all the songs, and they are now mixed in surround sound. It certainly sounds like something people want to check out!

I've never seen the "Imagine" film before, but it sounds like it does have complete (or nearly complete) versions of all the songs, and they are now mixed in surround sound. It certainly sounds like something people want to check out!

No doubt! I did a little bit of digging and it appears that each song from the album (along with a few extras) are given the "pre MTV era" home video treatment. So it does appear that the film will contain the complete songs - fingers crossed - certainly a better investment, IMHO, than a super deluxe box set with a dubious quad mix thrown in.

I can't wait for this. It's such a great album and the good thing is we can preview the new mix at the cinema first and then go from there...

What's a bit confusing is whether the boxset with all the trinkets and the original Quadrasonic mix is either accompanied by the newly released film - that's also available as a standalone - or the film and the album in surround? Do they also both have Dolby Atmos?

Because I think there's also maybe 2 Imagine films? One with videos of the songs and another a sort of making of 'docudrama'... I've seen the behind the scene's film, quite good!

If the boxset is less then £100 I'll go fo it. I do like the look of the book as well. Love the clouds of the sides!
Anyway I guess all will be revealed in 5 days. :SG

From Mike Carrera at SHF;
“Just one thing before weekend, not 140 DIFFERENT tracks, ok? as the contents from the CDs will be as well on the Blu Rays and they are counting them all! (counting the same track twice! But a few of them (outtakes) are also in 5.1. so you may consider them "different"), but the total of different tracks is around 100 between official versions and outtakes.”

I just went over to SDE to read other people’s comments and found them very interesting.

This one guy made me laugh, talking about how the coffee table that the Imagine John Yoko collector’s edition signed copy of the book will sit on, cost more than the table. How many people would actually leave the book out on a table considering the cost? I certainly wouldn’t. Also, a lot of people are complaining about the cost of the collector’s editions being six times the price for an extra additional 170 pages over the standard edition. No problem from me there. If you want the book and that’s what they’re asking, pay the price.

I was never a fan of John Lennon’s solo output after The Beatles. The only album I ever purchased was Double Fantasy and that was for my Mom. She was never a Yoko Ono fan. So, only the Lennon ‘hit’ written tracks on that vinyl record were played. A few years ago, I started to acquire a few of John’s solo records because I wanted to give him another listen to see if my tastes have changed. I asked myself, why not? I’ve opened up to several other artists that I didn’t like in my younger days. With the exception of Double Fantasy and a few tracks off of Imagine, I’ve yet to listen to them. My plan is to listen to Imagine today to see how I vibe to it because this forthcoming deluxe box set does interest me.

Last edited:
So I suppose a full track listing of the stereo and 5.1 won't be made available til the 23rd it would seem.

No prob I can wait.

As to more Lennon in surround from his solo career , this Lennonist would be most happy . Plastic Ono Band , his first solo, is superb , a must own in my opinion.

Even "Rock And Roll " is ok by me . He doesn't have too many fwiw, afterall he was "MURDERED " far too young......"the day the music died "--(Dec 08,1980)---:(,,,,

"Sometime In New York City " is a good listen as is "Instant Karma " . A good thing we have that 5.1 dvd of his string of hits .

"On October 5, Universal Music celebrates the apex of John Lennon’s solo career with a six-disc box set, Imagine – The Ultimate Collection.

This historical, remixed and remastered 140-track collection is fully authorised by Yoko Ono Lennon who oversaw the production and creative direction.

Spread across four CDs and two Blu-ray discs, this truly unique expanded edition offers a variety of listening experiences that are at once immersive and intimate, ranging from the brand new Ultimate Mixes of the iconic album, which reveal whole new levels of sonic depth, definition and clarity to these timeless songs, to the Raw Studio Mixes that allow listeners to hear Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band’s original,unadorned performances, to enveloping 5.1 surround sound mixes, and a Quadrasonic Album Mix, presenting the original four speaker mix remastered in Quadrasonic sound for the first time in nearly fifty years.

This ultimate deep listening experience, which features scores of previously unheard demos, rare outtakes and isolated track elements, also includes The Evolution Documentary, a unique track-by-track audio montage that details the journey of each song from demo to master recording via instructions, rehearsals, recordings, multitrack exploration and studio chatter.

The comprehensive nature of the full Imagine – The Ultimate Collection is the absolute best representation of a career artist working at the top of his creative game. imagine - the ultimate deep listening experience.

Imagine will also be released in concurrent multiple physical and digital configurations including as a 2CD Deluxe Edition, 1CD remaster, and 2LP 180 gram heavyweight black vinyl edition."

Picture up now...
81MnmCTAatL._SL1500_.jpg

Back