Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright! I am ready to use this amazing program created by out resident QQ genius Garry "HomerJAU"!

Boy, was I missing out! How many others out there haven't checked this thing out. What a great job Garry. And............it looks a lot like the QQ Poll generator program he wrote.

AMAZING! (y):phones(y)
Yes indeed! I recently discovered that the version of Plex on the “family room” (i.e., not the hi-rez man cave system) smart TV was not recognizing my quad flacs. I used the music helper to add a silent 5th channel quickly and easily. Problem solved! I also use it every month or so to generate an Excel file of all the music on my server.
Its great, the software equivalent of the Oppo, it does it all!(y)

Thanks for the positive feedback. Nice to know it’s being used.

I’m about to move into a new house next week (downsizing no kids at home now). I’m going to be pretty busy with the move and then reinstalling my existing 7.2 system (new 75” TV) and adding a second (new) 5.1 system in a living room with in-wall speakers and new OLED TV. Lots of new Ethernet and new speaker cabling so I can play surround music from my NAS in both rooms plus stream video.

Once that’s done I’ll get back to MMH. Happy for anyone here to request new features/changes etc.

I’m about to move into a new house next week (downsizing no kids at home now). I’m going to be pretty busy with the move and then reinstalling my existing 7.2 system (new 75” TV) and adding a second (new) 5.1 system in a living room with in-wall speakers and new OLED TV. Lots of new Ethernet and new speaker cabling so I can play surround music from my NAS in both rooms plus stream video.

Once that’s done I’ll get back to MMH. Happy for anyone here to request new features/changes etc.
You can never have enough Ethernet cabling! I've twin Gigabit in every room (having an internet radio/streamer in the bathroom is great!), a 24-port switch in the loft, and multiple switches around the Hi-Fi rack and home office.

Don't forget to wire for PoE Cameras around your house. Peace of mind is very worthy.

Garry,

When you get a chance (!), how hard would it be to add a choice on the REMIX tab to insert not just one, but TWO empty channels (C + LFE) to a quadraphonic file. The USB system in my car wants to have FL-FR-C-LFE-RL-RR in that order, so when I have a quad file, I paste the fronts and rears into a 6 channel wav file.

I tried your "Add Silent Channel (to Quad files Only)", but that just inserted one channel.

No big deal if it's a pain. It's not that hard for me to fix manually, just a suggestion for the future!

Thanks again for all you do

Garry,

When you get a chance (!), how hard would it be to add a choice on the REMIX tab to insert not just one, but TWO empty channels (C + LFE) to a quadraphonic file. The USB system in my car wants to have FL-FR-C-LFE-RL-RR in that order, so when I have a quad file, I paste the fronts and rears into a 6 channel wav file.

I tried your "Add Silent Channel (to Quad files Only)", but that just inserted one channel.

No big deal if it's a pain. It's not that hard for me to fix manually, just a suggestion for the future!

If it helps, you can also do this at the command line with SoX using the remix option. You just put zeroes where you need empty channels:

sox infile.flac outfile.flac remix 1 2 0 0 3 4

Garry,

This will be easy. I’ll update MMH today.

New MMH update posted with following changes:
  • Remix tool: Added a new 'Add Silent Centre and LFE Channels for Quad'
  • Updated 3rd party User Interface library (some bug fixes)
Same links in the first post here. Users that installed with the 'click-once' installer should get a notification when running MMH.

New MMH update posted with following changes:
  • Remix tool: Added a new 'Add Silent Centre and LFE Channels for Quad'
Same links in the first post here. Users that installed with the 'click-once' installer should get a notification when running MMH.

Holy Crap Garry, you are Amazing!! Thanks.
If it helps, you can also do this at the command line with SoX using the remix option. You just put zeroes where you need empty channels:

sox infile.flac outfile.flac remix 1 2 0 0 3 4

Thanks as well.

Gary have got version 3.4.9 installed, when I go to the Remix audio section I can select all the options apart from the invert phase option, any ideas?

New MMH update 3.4.10 posted with following changes:
  • Remix tool: Fixed 'Invert Phase' checkbox - unable to select introduced in 3.4.8
  • Updated recognition of Atmos/DTS:X for audio and HDR for video in Media Manager for video

Thanks Gary that was quick will put In Absentia through it and see if I can hear the difference :phones When you get some spare time can you have a look at including the channel swapping tool (no rush just as and when (if) you have some spare time!

Last edited:
Looking for help (again) went to remix tool to correct phase in PT In Absentia but from reading threads on here its only the C and LFE channels that need correcting but the invert phase option only seems to work by changing all six channels simultaneously. Does that mean I can't use this option to achieve my goal and if that's so can you recommend the best (easiest) way of doing this or advise how it can be done using Music Helper.Many thanks

Looked again at options in music helper to remix audio (invert phase option) and found the box to select which channels you want to use (must have been half asleep last time) and have successfully changed the C and LFE channels.... just need to listen to results now!

I have effectively incorporated this fine tool into my tagging system and it has saved me a lot of time compared to my earlier workflow. Thanks!

Back