What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased a Glenn Frey CD...this is one I have researched and it paid off....the hunt started with these numbers...take notice of the catalog number and the barcode number...those are the search tools I use...so you can go to Ebay or discogs and find the matching numbers....here it is on discogs...I recommend this version of the album...and the content is pretty good as well...smuggler's blues is an all time favorite song

View attachment 34343View attachment 34344
I love the break in the middle of that song... very “Eagles” ;)

szOSLL3.jpg

This one sounds nice too, Clint - produced by our friend E.S. and Glenn himself.

Spock has got me on a Glenn Frey frame of mind...this one came today

View attachment 34411View attachment 34412

I did something today I've never done before...when I buy these multiple disc sets I usually just listen to the "feature" disc(usually the surround disc) and I don't bother with the books or marbles or CDs that come with it...now today's Glenn Frey set had "kind of" a feature disc....the first CD was his "hits' disc...and 2 more CDs of his less commercial songs and a DVD of a 1992 concert in Dublin...so I just intended on checking out the hits CD and then.. in the future...watch the concert...but I was so interested after the first CD I listened to the other 2 CDs and watched the DVD concert...so I went thru those 4 discs in one sitting...and I can thank Elliot Scheiner's work on this project for that....that "hits" CD would have been worth it...but the other CDs were excellent too...but the DVD really surprised me...of course the picture is a typical 90's DVD image...but the performance and Elliot's work on the audio really made this concert shine...this is Glenn at his absolute best.....he was in his mid 40's and his voice was crisp and well defined...the performance was high energy and it took place in front of a very appreciative crowd in Dublin...nice band backing him up...there is no surround on the DVD...

If you like Glenn Frey...this is a must purchase...it gives you a comprehensive look at his different approaches to his music...you can grab it for under $30...HERE

IS it like the "Finn" album from 1995 ???

Definitely (deFINNitely? LOL) has a different feel in a lot of places. Some of it is pretty dreamy sounding (most likely Liam's influence.) Although a song like "Anger Plays a Part" wouldn't have sounded out of place on the Finn album. But if you're a fan of Neil's, you probably won't be disappointed.

I absolutely loved Out Of Silence but, even with repeated plays and with the exception of Listen and Hiding Place, Lightsleeper leaves me wanting more song crafted pop and less sounding ambiance. Though, it would sound better in properly done Surround.

Back