The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least Fleetwood Mac arrived today!* Time to settle in with a nice beverage and crank it up.

*A bit late to that party, I know.

Loved your detailed comments on the Tusk thread, so I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this one!

As for XTC- still hoping for English Settlement someday...

As for XTC- still hoping for English Settlement someday...

I am too.
It's my favorite of the remaining XTC records, plus the 4 B-sides are fantastic.
Then there's also "Mummer", which has around 8 B-sides, and many of them are great.
Last, we have the weakest of the 80s albums (IMHO) which is "The Big Express".
Oh, and there's the Dukes, my avatar!

:)

Well...today I took delivery of the deluxe set of English Settlement (excellent packaging!) and this year I acquired the Dukes for the first time...so one of those will probably be the next 5.1 release... I hope so... :)

I got that English Settlement set almost two years ago and I agree: it is EXCELLENT packaging.

Unless I'm forgetting something I don't think we've heard anything since Andy said he was going to listen to the first two mixed songs back in April. Since we've gotten one every year for the last five years, I was assuming that we'd have the next one before the end of the year, but maybe Steven's busy schedule has kept him from completing the mixes.

This might be a bit controversial but I often wish that Steven Wilson would quit his day job (recording and touring) and just produce surround mixes of other people's music. Anyone else feel this way?

This might be a bit controversial but I often wish that Steven Wilson would quit his day job (recording and touring) and just produce surround mixes of other people's music. Anyone else feel this way?
Definitely not!! This would mean that I would miss what I consider the best new music available today. He is a wizard on remixing already existing music, but his own music is most important to me.

The man who brought us "Hand.Cannot.Erase." and "Raven" quit making music?! Please don't suggest this ever again.

While we wait for news on the next 5.1 release...... Andy has Tweeted that the Monkees are releasing a Christmas LP. Andy wrote the album's first single, "Unwrap You at Christmas."

I'm still baiting Andy on Twitter for news about the next 5.1 mix.
All has been a little too quiet lately for my tastes...

:oops:

Hard to believe that after getting this far into it that something would go sideways given that UME or Sony aren't involved.
3 of the highest profile releases ever are coming this fall.
Hopefully that is not delaying the release for fear of it getting lost in the flurry.
Andy, Steven, etal, should know that XTC fans are gonna buy this no matter what else is going on in the re-release market.

I hate to bring things down for a sec, but Andy P has revealed on Twitter today that the next Steven Wilson remix is not finished yet and therefore it won't be released this year.
He also said that this current remix being worked on is not "English Settlement", "Mummer", or "The Big Express" as they still have some tapes missing from all three of those albums.
I for one hope it's The Dukes!

I was afraid this might be the case. Very unfortunate as the XTC releases have been the highlight of every fall season for me for the last five years. However with Imagine, The White Album, Electric Ladyland, In Search of the Lost Chord, This Was, and everything else that's coming before the end of the year, it's not like I won't have plenty of music to keep me in the sweet spot. (Not to mention the hit my savings account will be taking!) Bring on The Dukes! I would love to hear "Mole From the Ministry" in surround!

I hate to bring things down for a sec, but Andy P has revealed on Twitter today that the next Steven Wilson remix is not finished yet and therefore it won't be released this year.
He also said that this current remix being worked on is not "English Settlement", "Mummer", or "The Big Express" as they still have some tapes missing from all three of those albums.
I for one hope it's The Dukes!

Maybe they could release something similar to "3 Piece Suite" for those 3 albums with the missing multis?

Back