'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man oh man...of all the releases coming....The White Album is really exciting....and I can't wait. And.....talk about further deluxe stuff like Abbey Road and Let It Be.....whoa.

Yes, lots of great stuff to look forward to on The White Album. Also, side 2 of Abbey Road and all of Let It Be...Love gave us a lot of Abbey Road side one; but hearing the full side two sequence in 5.1 will be stellar. I may be in the minority in that Let It Be is one of my favorite Beatles albums. I just love the way a good bit of the tracks sound so raw and like the band is truly collaborating.

I'm waiting for the 25-minute "Helter Skelter" though for some reason, no one in the Beatles camp seems as interested as I am. Still, if they put WHITE out in 5.1, that'll be enough for me, though not sure if I could handle "Rev 9" in mono, let alone 5.1....:SB AFAIK, that's the only track that was folded down from stereo to mono, no one wanted to take another stab at it, as it were....:unsure:

ED :rocks

I'm waiting for the 25-minute "Helter Skelter" though for some reason, no one in the Beatles camp seems as interested as I am. Still, if they put WHITE out in 5.1, that'll be enough for me, though not sure if I could handle "Rev 9" in mono, let alone 5.1....:SB AFAIK, that's the only track that was folded down from stereo to mono, no one wanted to take another stab at it, as it were....:unsure:

ED :rocks
There is a mono acetate of an earlier mix of Revolution #9, with some extra bits that were cut out for the version that made the album, it ends at "take this brother, may it serve you well". If you're familiar with the standard version, you'll definitely notice differences in this mono mix.

A few people have mentioned that The White Album was the point that The Beatles moved from 4-track recording to 8-track recording. While this is true it's worth remembering that the transition happened during the recording sessions, not at the beginning. A good many of the tracks were done on 4-track, with bounce downs as per the method used on Pepper. I suspect that the 5.1 remix will have the benefit of access to the pre-bounce down tracks as before.

Out of interest I've put together this list showing (for each track) whether it's 4 or 8 track and the number of tape generations used. Info was gleaned from Lewisohn's "The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions" and www.thewhitealbumproject.com

Back in the USSR - 4-track 2d Generation
Dear Prudence - 8-track
Glass Onion - 8-track
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da - 4-track 3d Generation
Wild Honey Pie - 4-track
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill - 8-track
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - 8-track
Happiness is a Warm Gun - 8-track 2d Generation
Martha My Dear - 4-track 2d Generation
I’m So Tired - 8-track
Blackbird - 4-track
Piggies - 8-track 2d Generation
Rocky Raccoon - 4-track 2d Generation
Don’t Pass Me By - 4-track 3d Generation
Why Don’t We Do It in the Road? - 4-track 2d Generation
I Will - 8-track 2d Generation
Julia - 4-track
Birthday - 8-track 2d Generation
Yer Blues - 4-track 2d Generation
Mother Nature’s Son - 4-track 2d Generation
Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except for Me and My Monkey - 4-track 4th Generation
Sexy Sadie - 4-track 4th Generation
Helter Skelter - 8-track
Long Long Long - 8-track
Revolution 1 - 4-track 4th Generation
Honey Pie - 8-track
Savoy Truffle - 8-track
Cry Baby Cry - 4-track 2d Generation
Can You Take Me Back - 4-track
Revolution 9 - 4-track
Good Night - 4-track

The Beatles homepage is currently all white in advance of the official announcement.

Latest buzz is that the single mixes of Hey Jude and Revolution won’t be part of a reissue, but apparently there will be outtakes in the super deluxe box set. Most people assumed that the singles would be present similar to how Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane were on the Sgt. Pepper reissue.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo gonna buy this the minute it's up for sale. I mean....yeah. Whoop!

And have it sooooooooooo expeditiously delivered taking advantage of Amazon's white gloved services?

White-Glove-Delivery-Logistics-Services.jpg

The Beatles homepage is currently all white in advance of the official announcement.

Latest buzz is that the single mixes of Hey Jude and Revolution won’t be part of a reissue, but apparently there will be outtakes in the super deluxe box set. Most people assumed that the singles would be present similar to how Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane were on the Sgt. Pepper reissue.

OK, now, I am getting excited. Just looked at the page. If this is does include a 5.1 disc, I will get ecstatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back