Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's nothing inherently wrong with Heavy Metal and loving a Heavy pedal on a massive organ........It's ALL good!

BTW, Do you have this ONE: https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDLX7334

Exceptional!

7334k.jpg
I will put it in my ever growing list, which is getting longer and longer thanks to this place. Already have a long list a media in queue to be heard/watched.

I will put it in my ever growing list, which is getting longer and longer thanks to this place. Already have a long list a media in queue to be heard/watched.

Ohhh.. THIS forum.. definitely for the enlightened listeners...MCH is an art , and as with Art, it is delicate and important...(and so are WE!!!)

I always said that MCH fans think at a higher sampling speed... and 96/24 is a magical combination, if only from a Numerology point of view...wasn't Aristoteles who linked Music and numbers?? oh well Aristoteles was a Rock Star in his time..and ever since..

Dietrich Buxtehude: (SACD BIS)

Toccata in F major BuxWV156, Praeludium in A minor BuxWV153, Ciacona in E minor BuxWV160, Te Deum Laudamus BuxWV218, Von Gott will ich nicht lassen BuxWV220, Von Gott will ich nicht lassen BuxWV221, Praeludium in G minor BuxWV148, Toccata in D minor BuxWV155, Nimm von uns, Herr, Du treuer Gott BuxWV207, Ich ruf zu Dir, Herr Jesu Christ BuxWV196, Magnificat Primi Toni BuxWV203

Masaaki Suzuki (organ)

Dietrich Buxtehude: (SACD BIS)

Toccata in F major BuxWV156, Praeludium in A minor BuxWV153, Ciacona in E minor BuxWV160, Te Deum Laudamus BuxWV218, Von Gott will ich nicht lassen BuxWV220, Von Gott will ich nicht lassen BuxWV221, Praeludium in G minor BuxWV148, Toccata in D minor BuxWV155, Nimm von uns, Herr, Du treuer Gott BuxWV207, Ich ruf zu Dir, Herr Jesu Christ BuxWV196, Magnificat Primi Toni BuxWV203

Masaaki Suzuki (organ)

Somebody really loves their organ!:QQlove

Last edited:
mcztG51.jpg

More smoooth stuff. Boosting 3 dB to the rears here too - and using DSU - engaging the 4 ceiling JBL's - getting the really BIG soundstage :smokin

The selected Scene button (Yamaha) on my remote does not boost the rear speakers - it lowers the 3 front speakers with 3 dB.

A lot of songs have more rear action - but the whole album does benefit with a +3 dB boost to the rears. Great album.
SOOOOO many albums would benefit from a similar adjustment, such as Sgt Pepper's and Beyoncé's Visual Album. When I get home I'll look at setting a "scene" or whatever my Denon x6400H will allow.
I'd love to have the quick option to drop the fronts by 3db.

SOOOOO many albums would benefit from a similar adjustment, such as Sgt Pepper's and Beyoncé's Visual Album. When I get home I'll look at setting a "scene" or whatever my Denon x6400H will allow.
I'd love to have the quick option to drop the fronts by 3db.

I'm sure Denon have something similar.

It's very simple to setup the Scenes buttons. You choose your source and set all the sound parameters you want - then press the Scene button of your choice for 2-3 sec, and it will remember all the settings including source. Now change, let say the fronts - to 3 dBs lower - and press another Scene button for 2-3 sec and it will remember all settings including the last changes you made. Now you have 2 different Scene buttons with the same source, but with 2 different sound levels on the fronts.

My Yamaha only have 2 speaker set ups to switch between though - (speaker levels, distance, crossovers etc). So you can, for example, use the Scenes function to switch between 5.0 fullrange and 5.1 small/sub with a press of a button if you wish.

Last edited:
Back