Paul McCartney Archive Collection: "Red Rose Speedway" and "Wild Life"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ditto! (y)

GOS 3.0 (and FB 2.0) hath spoken! :ROFLMAO:

more seriously, as much as I want this stuff (and I don't want to piss on anybody's chips who's really looking forward to these Macca sets - at any price) the box set madness has gone too far for me now, sadly.

in November alone I've the equivalent of in excess of $400 USD set aside for pre-orders of box sets with surround music inside - which amounts to 6 surround albums.

if I were to buy 6 Dutton Vocalion Surround SACDs and they were all 2-fers, for the equivalent of $100 USD I could have 12 new surround albums.

now, on that reckoning, if i were to reapportion my November 2018 budget of $400+ that I've set aside for box sets that ultimately amounts to 6 surround albums, for the same amount of money I could get 48 albums' worth of surround music across 24 2-fers from Dutton Vocalion.

just my $400.. i mean, 2 cents.
I will only buy a boxset if:
a. I really like the album and
b, it has a 5.1 mix

:51QQ

Message to Paul

Dear Paul, you missed a huge opportunity, to really get one over on your old mate John here.
Imagine his ire if these were released in fantastic surround.
He would be shouting OH No.
Should have mulled over it a bit longer and get us singing from the rafters.

A Fan

PS Very pricey them box sets..c'mon, help your fans out Macca.

They could have at least thrown us a single scrap - the "Live and Let Die" quad mix from the UA Soundtrack Q8 (or how about the entire Q8 in quad?).

For these prices even a scrap might have been nice. What would Yoko have done? :)

They could have at least thrown us a single scrap - the "Live and Let Die" quad mix from the UA Soundtrack Q8 (or how about the entire Q8 in quad?).

For these prices even a scrap might have been nice. What would Yoko have done? :)

All answers will be spell checked and given security clearance before YoKo can say...'Give his piece a chance' :D

Last edited:

too right!! (y) we know full well (surely "they" do too!?) that even surround scraps would tip some of us over the edge into buying these!

ohhhh Yokoooo just gave us an "everything and the kitchen sink" release of Imagine (absolutely incredible release btw!) so I'm guessing she might just have sanctioned/overseen similar such definitive releases for Sir Paul's Classics...

Message to Paul

Dear Paul, you missed a huge opportunity, to really get one over on your old mate John here.
Imagine his ire if these were released in fantastic surround.
He would be shouting OH No.
Should have mulled over it a bit longer and get us singing from the rafters.

A Fan

PS Very pricey them box sets..c'mon, help your fans out Macca.

I think John would be singing, "How Do You Sleep At Night", Paul.

I have to go for these if only because Denny Seiwell lived across the street from me when I was a kid. Just like the Ram boxset, I'm as interested in the book/photos as I am in the music for this reason. Glad to see the '73 TV special is included on Red Rose but too bad the original recordings weren't mixed to 5.1. :(

ditto! (y)

GOS 3.0 (and FB 2.0) hath spoken! :ROFLMAO:

more seriously, as much as I want this stuff (and I don't want to piss on anybody's chips who's really looking forward to these Macca sets - at any price) the box set madness has gone too far for me now, sadly.

in November alone I've the equivalent of in excess of $400 USD set aside for pre-orders of box sets with surround music inside - which amounts to 6 surround albums.

if I were to buy 6 Dutton Vocalion Surround SACDs and they were all 2-fers, for the equivalent of $100 USD I could have 12 new surround albums.

now, on that reckoning, if i were to reapportion my November 2018 budget of $400+ that I've set aside for box sets that ultimately amounts to 6 surround albums, for the same amount of money I could get 48 albums' worth of surround music across 24 2-fers from Dutton Vocalion.

just my $400.. i mean, 2 cents.

umm.. so i somehow forgot about The White Album! :eek:

add that to November's box set blow out and I'll be forking out in excess of $500 next month to get 7 surround albums..

..that equates to 30 Vocalion 2-fers (or 60 surround albums in total).

in a weird way, as much as i would love it this Christmas, i hope we don't get the Doobies Quadio this year, I'm not sure I could take another box in 2018!! :ROFLMAO:

add that to November's box set blow out and I'll be forking out in excess of $500 next month to get 7 surround albums..

in a weird way, as much as i would love it this Christmas, i hope we don't get the Doobies Quadio this year, I'm not sure I could take another box in 2018!! :ROFLMAO:

I'm a little surprised that the McCartney set wasn't released in early 2019...maybe that is the reason behind the Doobies not being released yet....but IMO the underlying new "urgency" is the pressure on the record companies...they know that they better get these titles out soon....

At the very least, Adam, RHINO/WARNER does price their QUADIO box sets at a reasonable price point if the Chicago Quadio set is any indication.

But be prepared for a SURPRISE from our friendly Wizard of Watford for Yuletide as your stocking by the hearth will be overflowing with QUAD treasures ... and there will be peace in the Kingdom!

2554P.jpg

Last edited:
At the very least, Adam, RHINO/WARNER does price their QUADIO box sets at a reasonable price point if the Chicago Quadio set is any indication.

But be prepared for a SURPRISE from our friendly Wizard of Watford for Yuletide as your stocking by the hearth will be overflowing with QUAD treasures ... and there will be peace in the Kingdom!

2554P.jpg

oh really!! i guess more info has leaked.. i love surprises!! ❤️

I gotta say I'm really interested in checking out this Bruce McMouse show on Blu-Ray, especially since this unboxing video looks so appetizing!
Unfortunately I can't justify this set for the price but if there's any wild price fluctuations like we have seen recently from other amazon products then who knows:

:)

Back