Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my first hi res disc, purchased together with Dark Side Of The Moon (after buying an Oppo 83). My musical journey has never been the same...

Alison Krauss + Union Station: Live (SACD 5.1)

R-4557800-1368309334-1566.jpeg.jpg

I remember the first time I listened Somewhere only we know on the radio......I had to run to a record shop.

I am looking for the sacd in a razonable price
I have the Dual Disc......I have to believe the surround mix is the same. I'd say it's not really discreet, but it's nicely immersive, which I personally love.

I remember the first time I listened Somewhere only we know on the radio......I had to run to a record shop.

I am looking for the sacd in a razonable price
Looks like you can get a used Dual Disc at a decent price...though I don't know cost for where you live for shipping...
Advantage of Dual Disc version is, it has video along with 5.1 audio which adds to the "coolness"

Hopes and Fears Dual Disc

Looks like you can get a used Dual Disc at a decent price...though I don't know cost for where you live for shipping...
Advantage of Dual Disc version is, it has video along with 5.1 audio which adds to the "coolness"

Hopes and Fears Dual Disc
Just because I'm a little anal.....I purchased another copy (dual disc) for US $11 shipped. lmao......

Blood, Sweat and Tears [self titled] album from AP's BLOODLINES box set in 4.0

Label:Analogue Productions
Genre:Pop/Rock
Product No.:
CAPP BST SA
UPC:753088278068Availability:
In Stock
Category:Hybrid Stereo SACD
No. of Discs:4
sacd-hs.jpg

Love the way AP lists it as STEREO when it's 4.0 [along with Child Is Father to the Man which is 5.1]

Luckily, I only paid $60 + tax for this set as part of Amazon's warehouse deals....brand spanking new/sealed.

Haven't compared it to Audio Fidelity's 4.0 SACD version ..........the only difference, IMO, would be in the mastering!

Last edited:
Blood, Sweat and Tears [self titled] album from AP's BLOODLINES

Love the way AP lists it as STEREO when it's 4.0 [along with Child Is Father to the Man]

Luckily, I only paid $60 + tax for this set as part of Amazon's warehouse deals....brand spanking new/sealed.

Haven't compared it to Audio Fidelity's 4.0 SACD version ..........the only difference, IMO, would be in the mastering!

Is "Child " also 4.0. ?

Is "Child " also 4.0. ?

Child is 5.1- remix done by Al Kooper for Sony SACD release during the early 2000s, but shelved until AF reissued in it 2014. Bloodlines disc has the same mix as the AF.

There are, however, some 4.0 Child tracks on the BS&T Greatest Hits quad album AND on the Mike Robin reels, but Kooper's 5.1 is far superior IMO.

Child is 5.1- remix done by Al Kooper for Sony SACD release during the early 2000s, but shelved until AF reissued in it 2014. Bloodlines disc has the same mix as the AF.

There are, however, some 4.0 Child tracks on the BS&T Greatest Hits quad album AND on the Mike Robin reels, but Kooper's 5.1 is far superior IMO.

Correct, sjcorne, along with Al Kooper's excellent 5.1 remix of Super Session also released by Audio Fidelity.

Last edited:
Santana & John McLaughlin- Love Devotion Surrender (Q8)

This is awesome! But really how could it not be- an epic collaboration between perhaps the greatest guitar virtuosos of the '70s. To me it's got way more of a Santana vibe than Mahavishnu Orchestra. It fits in nicely with the sort of the trilogy of sort of out there fusion-esque albums (Caravanserai, Welcome, Borboletta).

The mix by Larry Keyes is your typical later-era Santana quad mix. Pretty static in terms of placement, unlike the wacky panning in early titles like Abraxas or Santana III (I often wonder how different those early gold-bordered titles would be if they were mixed later on...).

Santana and McLaughlin's lighting fast guitars are placed left and right front, while keys, organ, and all kinds of percussive elements attack from each corner.

I would so love it if D-V got this one, and it seems plausible since they did get ahold of Santana & Alice Coltrane's Illuminations. For now, my cart that I snagged on discogs for around $4 sounds suprisingly good :)

Santana & John McLaughlin- Love Devotion Surrender (Q8)

This is awesome! But really how could it not be- an epic collaboration between perhaps the greatest guitar virtuosos of the '70s. To me it's got way more of a Santana vibe than Mahavishnu Orchestra. It fits in nicely with the sort of the trilogy of sort of out there fusion-esque albums (Caravanserai, Welcome, Borboletta).

The mix by Larry Keyes is your typical later-era Santana quad mix. Pretty static in terms of placement, unlike the wacky panning in early titles like Abraxas or Santana III (I often wonder how different those early gold-bordered titles would be if they were mixed later on...).

Santana and McLaughlin's lighting fast guitars are placed left and right front, while keys, organ, and all kinds of percussive elements attack from each corner.

I would so love it if D-V got this one, and it seems plausible since they did get ahold of Santana & Alice Coltrane's Illuminations. For now, my cart that I snagged on discogs for around $4 sounds suprisingly good :)

One of my VERY favorite Santana collaborations along with Illuminations. I've never heard it in surround but if the Coltrane~Santana DV SACD is any indication......bring it ON!

Back