Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, I watched the video and while Chad mention SACDs of DSOTM, WYWH and Animals, he didn’t explicit mention 5.1

But since their SACDs of the previous two contained 5.1 plus Rogers own words, then we should be pretty safe with Animals having a surround layer on the disc??

Hm, I watched the video and while Chad mention SACDs of DSOTM, WYWH and Animals, he didn’t explicit mention 5.1

But since their SACDs of the previous two contained 5.1 plus Rogers own words, then we should be pretty safe with Animals having a surround layer on the disc??

What we know is that "Animals" has been mixed in 5.1 surround. (This was confirmed by Roger Waters earlier this year.)
What we also know is that all Pink Floyd-related SACDs have been Multichannel SACDs with 5.1 surround mixes included (including the "Amused to Death" SACD from Roger Waters)
So when you put those two facts together, I think it IS pretty safe to say that the "Animals" SACD will contain the new 5.1 surround mix.

:)

Great news.........AnalogPlanet has a conference video with the owners of Analog Productions in which they announce that they will be releasing Pink Floyd Animals.......here is the link to the video conference....YEA!!!! To get the the important part of the conference start at the 38 minute mark

Chad Kassem (of Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions) has confirmed that the "Animals" remix will be released on SACD, though he did not say when...

:)

That is the "rub"...the "when" part of this...Analogue Productions is moving at a snails pace on some of these releases...it could be a year or more from today...the Hendrix stereo SACD has gone from summer...to late summer to fall...to Nov 30 and if that fails.... 2019 seems likely

That is the "rub"...the "when" part of this...Analogue Productions is moving at a snails pace on some of these releases...it could be a year or more from today...the Hendrix stereo SACD has gone from summer...to late summer to fall...to Nov 30 and if that fails.... 2019 seems likely

Chad is relatively infamous for announcing releases a long time, sometimes years, before they get released. However I would assume the date of the Animals release would be controlled by PF.

I've read that the new release date for the Hendrix SACD is the end of January now

Back