Lyn Stanley's London Calling Album - Early Release at NativeDSD Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Vocalist Lyn Stanley's next album London Calling: A Toast to Julie London is arriving on November 30th in Stereo DSD 256, DSD 128 and DSD 64 at Native DSD Music - ahead of the release date for the other editions of the album. Destined to be another audiophile favorite.

A Very Special Announcement: Lyn Stanley's London Calling Arrives on Nov. 30 - Exclusive Early Release at Native DSD Musci

Next week Native DSD Music will be releasing the new album from sultry Jazz Singer Lyn Stanley – "London Calling: A Toast to Julie London" in Stereo DSD 256, DSD 128 and DSD 64. It will include 17 tracks including a bonus track featuring Lyn's recording of the classic "I Heard It Through The Grapevine."

London Calling will be an Exclusive Early Release at NativeDSD, ahead of all other editions of the album. Those formats (both digital and physical) will be released later this year and next year.

London Calling features a stellar line-up of Studio Musicians, Recording Engineers and of course, Lyn Stanley. This includes John Chiodini (guitar and featured artist), Mike Garson (piano), Christian Jacob (piano), Chuck Berghofer (bass), Mike Valerio (bass), Paul Kreibich (drums), Aaron Serfaty (drums and percussion), Luis Conte (percussion), Brad Dutz (percussion) and Lyn Stanley (vocals). Recording credits include Producer: Lyn Stanley, Associate Producer: John Chodini, Recording Engineers: Steve Genewick, Roubie Kapoor, and Spencer Garcia, Mixing Engineer: Alan Sides and Mastering Engineer: Bernie Grundman.

NativeDSD will offer the album in Stereo DSD 64 and DSD 128 – mastered by Bernie Grundman. In addition, we will have a Stereo DSD 256 edition of the album – only available from Native DSD. NativeDSD Mastering Engineer Tom Caulfield created the DSD256 edition, which has already received early rave reviews from two industry insiders who were given an early preview of the DSD 256 edition:

"Listening to the tracks now. Love her singing and the sound!" - Lee Scoggins, Part-Time Audiophile

"OUTSTANDING recording, well miked and mixed. Awesome imaging." - Andreas Koch, Playback Designs, AK Designs and a developer of the Sonoma DSD Workstation for Sony.

We invite you to watch the Making Of 'London Calling' video now to get a sneak peek – and listen – as you warm up for next week’s release. Lyn's first three DSD releases all hit the Top 20 DSD Best Sellers List. After hearing London Calling, I think we can all agree, Lyn will be back on the Top 20 List very soon!

https://atmusic.nativedsd.com/albums/3105-the-moonlight-sessions-volume-one
https://atmusic.nativedsd.com/albums/3106-the-moonlight-sessions-volume-two
https://atmusic.nativedsd.com/albums/3104-interludes

Now available for purchase in Stereo DSD 64, DSD 128 and DSD 256 at NativeDSD Music.

Lyn Stanley - London Calling - 3107 - 300.jpg

https://atmusic.nativedsd.com/albums/3107-london-callinga-toast-to-julie-london

I received an email announcement from NativeDSD in which they sang the praises of Lyn Stanley’s latest recording entitled “London Calling.” No, this isn’t Lyn Stanley take on the Clash. Rather, it’s her homage to Julie London. It’s stereo only and available in DSD64,128 and 256. The cool thing is, if you buy a DSD256 download from NativeDSD you automatically get access to 64 and 128 downloads at no extra cost.

As usual with Lyn Stanley’s recordings, the musicians are top notch. I had to smile when I saw that Chuck Berghofer played bass on the album. You may remember his famous bass run on Nancy Sinatra’s “These Boots Are Made For Walking.”

I have Lyn Stanley’s previous three DSD recordings which are all outstanding. I’d say that, if you enjoy this genre then you can’t go wrong with any of her work. One last point. One of the recording engineers is Steve Genewick.

I received an email announcement from NativeDSD in which they sang the praises of Lyn Stanley’s latest recording entitled “London Calling.” No, this isn’t Lyn Stanley take on the Clash. Rather, it’s her homage to Julie London. It’s stereo only and available in DSD64,128 and 256. The cool thing is, if you buy a DSD256 download from NativeDSD you automatically get access to 64 and 128 downloads at no extra cost.

As usual with Lyn Stanley’s recordings, the musicians are top notch. I had to smile when I saw that Chuck Berghofer played bass on the album. You may remember his famous bass run on Nancy Sinatra’s “These Boots Are Made For Walking.”

I have Lyn Stanley’s previous three DSD recordings which are all outstanding. I’d say that, if you enjoy this genre then you can’t go wrong with any of her work. One last point. One of the recording engineers is Steve Genewick.

Agreed!

I have this one in Stereo DSD 256 and it is excellent. Sonically I think it may be her best album yet.
Highly recommended for Lyn Stanley fans!

Now on the Top 10 Best Sellers List at Native DSD.

London Calling - Top 10.png

Today we congratulate Lyn Stanley as her newest DSD release London Calling: A Toast to Julie London enters the Native DSD Music Top 10 Best Sellers list!

Native DSD Listener Randy Myers tells us:
"I own all six of Miss Stanley's albums. London Calling is my favorite. I have listened in DSD256 several times now. Love it!
In my view Lyn Stanley's best album to date.

Not only are the song selections solid but Lyn's take on each is very unique.
I have several of these tracks recorded by other artists but none sound as good as how they are presented here.

Sound quality is top notch. Imaging and presentation are as good as it gets.
This album makes my SET amplifiers sing with joy and puts a smile on my face.

Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys a unique take on classic songs and for any audiophile who is looking for an album to task their system and really show what it can do!"

https://atmusic.nativedsd.com/albums/3107-london-calling-a-toast-to-julie-london
https://www.facebook.com/NativeDsdMusic/photos/a.765908406800903/2032731983451866/?type=3

Back