Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2019 nominees

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Def Leppard - Won't get in
Devo - Will get in
Janet Jackson - Won't get in (But they did
John Prine - Won't get in
Kraftwerk - Will get in
The Cure - Will get in

MC5 - Won't get in
Todd Rundgren - Won't get in
Stevie Nicks - Will get in
Roxy Music - Will get in
Rufus & Chaka Kahn - Will get in
Rage Against the Machine - Will get in
Radiohead - Will get in

LL Cool J - Won't get in
The Zombies - Won't get in
Winners have been announced:

The Cure, Def Leppard, Janet Jackson, Stevie Nicks, Radiohead, Roxy Music and The Zombies.

The one I most wanted to get in, Todd Rundgren, didn't make the cut, despite the fact that he came in third in the fan vote. :(
LOL, so my guess work earier in the thread was not really accurate at all...I got 4 of my 15 predictions correct.

Winners have been announced:

The Cure, Def Leppard, Janet Jackson, Stevie Nicks, Radiohead, Roxy Music and The Zombies.

The one I most wanted to get in, Todd Rundgren, didn't make the cut, despite the fact that he came in third in the fan vote. :(

Overall, I'm very happy with this group, especially Roxy Music, The Cure, and Radiohead
Not a big fan of both Def Leppard and Janet Jackson, but hey, it is what it is.
At least there's 5 acts I can enjoy in this induction group.

:)

Overall, I'm very happy with this group, especially Roxy Music, The Cure, and Radiohead
Not a big fan of both Def Leppard and Janet Jackson, but hey, it is what it is.
At least there's 5 acts I can enjoy in this induction group.

:)
I believe that Roxy, Cure and Radiohead are hugely deserving. For my tastes, especially Cure and Radiohead....I think those 2 are just hugely influentual......

Def Leppard - I really am shocked they got in...but maybe I shouldn't be. I do remember the first time I heard them back in high school, I was like "holy crap, who is this band?" They were so raw, talented and loud...with immediate hooks I could not believe it. Their first 2 albums simply blew me away at the time and I cannot tell you how much that music being played in my car at obscene volumes made me party even harder. :)

I'd just like to say that thanks to QuadraphonicQuad, I met Omega4 (Andrew) of the U.K., who was kind enough to spend a day with me and my wife on our first visit to the U.K. last October. On that day we visited Andrew's hometown, St. Albans, which also happens to be the hometown of The Zombies. The first place he took us was the Blacksmith's Arms, where we had a drink in their honor.

Congratulations to The Zombies, and thank you, Andrew! (If anyone knows how to tag someone in a post, please let me know how.)

IMG_3801.JPG

I have to admit that while all the artists being nominated are worthy and talented musicians, I have no interest in any awards ceremony. I just do not get the hype. I haven't watched a Grammy show since about 1980. I prefer to vote with my record buying dollars instead. In quite a few instances, I have "voted" multiple times and have the Ikea LP shelving to prove it!

Well I actually went through the process and voted a couple times, disappointed that two didn't make it of my selections.

The Cure
Stevie Nicks
The Zombies

Todd......Great live performer. Maybe next time, he deserves to be there also damn fine producer.
MC5 .....My Hometown band that when they weren't in Ann Arbor they'd have rehearsal's sometimes in the basement 3 houses away from mine. First L.P. my mother took away and smashed, I was getting cocky cranking the volume on Kick out the Jams. ( Not the radio edit Ha.)

Back