Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon" Blu-ray disc failure

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found out my copy doesn’t work. I will send the disc for replacement tomorrow. Has anyone in Australia receive the replacement disc already?
Cheers
D

I sent mine a couple of months ago. The replacement disc arrived promptly... within 30 days maybe? I think that was good.
The new disc looks exactly like the old disc, they even share the same matrix. I hope we won't need a further replacement in a year or so :)

Thanks your your reply Alberto. I’m sending mine tomorrow and will keep you all posted in case someone else needs information. I’m so glad I found this thread. I was quite upset when I tried to play the quad version and the disc didn’t work. Thank you all.
D

Well, I've just received my Immersion boxset new unopened & sealed and the Blu-ray doesn't work in either my Oppo or the Sony :( so I think rather than return it to the e-bay seller I'll send the disc to the address a few posts up. someone mentioned 'bronzing' this one certainly looks bronze coloured. I'm playing the 4.0 off of the DVD instead.

I thought I was om the safe side by now, but... when I tried to play my Dark Side Blu-Ray today it would not play.

Anyone knows if the replacement discs are still available?

I thought I was om the safe side by now, but... when I tried to play my Dark Side Blu-Ray today it would not play.

Anyone knows if the replacement discs are still available?

Yes they are - Snood sent mine in about month and half to 2 months ago - figured had nothing to lose if it no worky - got it back rather quickly 3 weeks think :LB

Not to sidetrack the thread too much, but are there any other known blu-ray failures similar to DSOTM?

My Marillion - Live from Cadogan Hall blu-ray disc has stopped working it turns out. I emailed Racket Records about it - three times, no less - without an answer...

Not to sidetrack the thread too much, but are there any other known blu-ray failures similar to DSOTM?

My Marillion - Live from Cadogan Hall blu-ray disc has stopped working it turns out. I emailed Racket Records about it - three times, no less - without an answer...

Not sure on my collection of Blu's; but I've seen others here. Got my DSOTM about the same time as Snood:SB. Learned to backup these to flac onto a SSD, just in case!

Yes they are - Snood sent mine in about month and half to 2 months ago - figured had nothing to lose if it no worky - got it back rather quickly 3 weeks think :LB
Thanks, Snood!

Just sent my faulty disc in according to the instructions outlined earlier in this thread - let the waiting begin...

I saw somewhere else that this replacement program will be valid until the 31st of january next year, so hopefully I will have my replacement disc in my hand sometime in January...

There's still no sign of a replacement disc here:( I sent it off with a covering letter on December 13th, I know it was Christmas & new year but I'd have thought it would have been sent by now. I think I'll send another letter and enquire about what might be happening. Meanwhile I'm just making use of the DVD.

OK thanks, what Email address?
It's OK I found it, got an interesting auto-reply back:

Hi there,

Update 15th January 2019
The Replacement Programme ended on Jan 31st 2019 as there are no
further replacement discs available. Watch this space for any further
information.

Odd since it's only the 21st now! I can only hope a human being reads and replies, or better still puts a fresh new disc in an envelope and posts it to me!

My experience was getting an automated reply then getting a proper one around six hours later asking for confirmation of my address. I had notification the next day of the disc being sent.

Back