Rhino to Release Doobie Brothers QUADIO Edition! (ARCHIVE THREAD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hear from Steve (ForagingRhino) that often, but I can tell you all that the Doobies Box is still on the Rhino schedule at some point. I am 100% sure that if it was totally up to Steve it would already be out and we'd already be sick of playing it! :)

It sucks that it's not here to hear but don't give up hope - at least not yet.

Have you tried contacting him?

I don't hear from Steve (ForagingRhino) that often, but I can tell you all that the Doobies Box is still on the Rhino schedule at some point. I am 100% sure that if it was totally up to Steve it would already be out and we'd already be sick of playing it! :)

It sucks that it's not here to hear but don't give up hope - at least not yet.

Have you tried contacting him?

I honestly prefer not to badger people. I would find myself ignored by people if I constantly sent them emails asking "Where is ______?" There is no point in annoying them. It is in Rhino's best interest to let us know when it is coming out because we are essentially the target market, and places like QQ, SHF, and the BluRay forum will be most of the word of mouth this release gets.

When Steve is allowed to release the date, he will either post it here, or at SHF, or let me know. Like I said earlier, Steve is a MEGA HUGE surround music fan, and he wants it out there just like the Chicago Quadio, so once he's unleashed, we'll get the info.

I can also honestly say without hesitation that I have no inside information on the date. None. All I know is that it got pushed back to this year. If Steve wants to chime in here, he is obviously free to do so, but I would guess that his silence means that the go ahead has yet to be given by whatever or whomever is holding this thing up.

I honestly prefer not to badger people. I would find myself ignored by people if I constantly sent them emails asking "Where is ______?" There is no point in annoying them. It is in Rhino's best interest to let us know when it is coming out because we are essentially the target market, and places like QQ, SHF, and the BluRay forum will be most of the word of mouth this release gets.

When Steve is allowed to release the date, he will either post it here, or at SHF, or let me know. Like I said earlier, Steve is a MEGA HUGE surround music fan, and he wants it out there just like the Chicago Quadio, so once he's unleashed, we'll get the info.

I can also honestly say without hesitation that I have no inside information on the date. None. All I know is that it got pushed back to this year. If Steve wants to chime in here, he is obviously free to do so, but I would guess that his silence means that the go ahead has yet to be given by whatever or whomever is holding this thing up.

You're doing the right thing, Jon, and after all, it's not like we don't already have access to these Quadraphonic mixes.
Now yes, the Blu-Rays will sound much better than anything we can hear right now, but we can always listen to the mixes in whatever ways they are already available while we wait for the real deal.

In the meantime, I'm just gonna sit here and continue to wait impatiently for other stuff like "The Seeds of Love" and "Animals"... :oops:;)

I'd be happy to have just the Best of the Doobies in quad/5.1 Blu-Ray. The one with the restaurant style jukebox music selector on the cover.
Don't know if there's another best release, not a fan..... sorry 😕🙄

Last edited:
I'd be happy to have just the Best of the Doobies in quad/5.1 Blu-Ray. The one with the restaurant style jukebox music selector on the cover.
Don't know if there's another best release, not a fan..... sorry 😕🙄

Someone would have to remix that into surround as not all the tracks already exist in that format.

Just saw this at a local record shop, made me think of this thread. Unfortunately I already have my own copy...

doobies_CD4.jpg

I often wonder how the Chicago Quadio set sold. Did Rhino have a target for a sales number in mind and did it meet or exceed it? I mean, I did my part...:)

I often wonder how the Chicago Quadio set sold. Did Rhino have a target for a sales number in mind and did it meet or exceed it? I mean, I did my part...:)
It seems they went to a second pressing, so one can only assume demand exceeded expectations.

For a set manufactured and marketed almost exclusively for its quad mixes, that seems very significant to me.

Although I’m sure there were those who bought the set just for the hi-rez stereo mixes.

It seems they went to a second pressing, so one can only assume demand exceeded expectations.

For a set manufactured and marketed almost exclusively for its quad mixes, that seems very significant to me.

Although I’m sure there were those who bought the set just for the hi-rez stereo mixes.

Yes, over on the SH forum :p

I wonder if the fact that the stereo tracks got screwed up on a few of the Chicago discs and Rhino had to go through the trouble and cost of creating and sending out replacements caused the bean counters to pull out the "it's not worth it" hat with regard to multiple new titles.

I also wonder how the messed up "Sly and the Family Stone" SACD hurt AF, as I am sure that they did not budget for replacement discs and processing.

Many things play into why stuff gets or doesn't get released, just as industry insiders like our own Brian Moura have said time and time again. We always think it's easy, but generally it's far from that.

That being said, I am still expecting the Doobies Quadio this year, hopefully sooner than later. "Foraging Rhino" has been pretty silent lately. I hope that means he's been busy! :)

I wonder if the fact that the stereo tracks got screwed up on a few of the Chicago discs and Rhino had to go through the trouble and cost of creating and sending out replacements caused the bean counters to pull out the "it's not worth it" hat with regard to multiple new titles.

I also wonder how the messed up "Sly and the Family Stone" SACD hurt AF, as I am sure that they did not budget for replacement discs and processing.

Many things play into why stuff gets or doesn't get released, just as industry insiders like our own Brian Moura have said time and time again. We always think it's easy, but generally it's far from that.

That being said, I am still expecting the Doobies Quadio this year, hopefully sooner than later. "Foraging Rhino" has been pretty silent lately. I hope that means he's been busy! :)

Jon, I'm sure if a smallish company like Dutton Vocalion can 'get it right the first time' with NO snafus in their mastering/replicating chain that Rhino/Warners would be cautious this time in mastering /replicating 4 or 5 BD~As...having 'learned a lesson' from the Chicago snafu.

In fact, a LOT of these 5.1 remasters would benefit from a simple process: TEST before you PRESS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back