The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 Barrel makes a very good one called Cucumber Crush.

I like the 10 Barrel - had a can of that one just a couple weeks ago. Also like the one we had at Historic Brewing in Williams, AZ a couple years back.

From the kegerator, it's a glass of home-brew. Head brewer Mrs D wasn't totally happy with the brown ale, so decided to turn it into a coffee brown ale...worked pretty well, just the right amount - can taste the espresso but it's not totally in your face.
BDBC-Eng-Coffee-Brown-Ale.jpg

IPA time, and it's La Cumbre "Project Dank - Spring Edition 2019" (7.5% abv, ibu wasn't listed but these are usually in the 100+ area). Project Dank has been national champ a couple times, a great achievement as it's not a standard recipe - they change it up with each release. This one's a more subtle brew, not so "in your face" as some big bold IPA's. Nice one for enjoying with the right meal.
La-Cumbre-Project-Dank-Spring-Edition2019.jpg

One of Mrs D's brew club guys gave us a 2 gallon keg of cream ale today - pretty dang good for a light sessionable patio brew. I just need to balance his carbonation with our keg and co2 - it's coming out a little "hot" at first.
KF-Cream-Ale.jpg

I heard on the news yesterday that the guy who developed Blue Moon beer is working on a new brew that is non alcoholic but is infused with cannabis. Claims that a few bottles will do the trick.

One of Mrs D's brew club guys gave us a 2 gallon keg of cream ale today - pretty dang good for a light sessionable patio brew. I just need to balance his carbonation with our keg and co2 - it's coming out a little "hot" at first.
KF-Cream-Ale.jpg

Why didn't I have friends like that growing up...a 2 gallon gift of brew...the gift that keeps on giving(y)

Reactions: GOS
I think I knew that....or maybe I was thinking of Corona...are they doing something similar?

I think I did see something about that...I think I saw it on a DEA website...something about the Sinaloa Cartel and Corona...it was a product along the lines of a fruit flavored wine cooler with a cocaine addictive...but they couldn't come up with the proper name for the package....they ruled out "Corona Nasal Dust Strawberry Breeze"...just too many words I guess...the cartel had approached Budweiser first but the company wouldn't let those prized clydesdales be photographed eating a bale of primo weed:dance

Seems to me this brew thread is also a great place to talk about grilling!! Anyway, I have been itching to grill out...since last November. Ugh...our winter has been so wet, cold, windy and gloomy....

I pulled the trigger today, since it's 44 and sunny. Dug out my grill and I have some St Louis Ribs smoking now. We're on hour number 3....

Oh, and to celebrate.....grilling is old school...so I'm enjoying a few Miller High Lifes.......in a can. :) Drink them and toss the can in the yard...you know....

Seems to me this brew thread is also a great place to talk about grilling!! Anyway, I have been itching to grill out...since last November. Ugh...our winter has been so wet, cold, windy and gloomy....

I pulled the trigger today, since it's 44 and sunny. Dug out my grill and I have some St Louis Ribs smoking now. We're on hour number 3....

Oh, and to celebrate.....grilling is old school...so I'm enjoying a few Miller High Lifes.......in a can. :) Drink them and toss the can in the yard...you know....
Yes. I will be starting up the grill soon. Been waiting for daylight saving time. More time for grilling.

Reactions: GOS
Reading all this makes me thirsty ... which is not good, at 7 am. :ROFLMAO: The good news for me, though, is that this evening I'll be attending a bit of a brew-&-A session with one of the owners of Melbourne microbrewery Mr Banks. Looking forward to it! I wonder if their Champagne For My Real Friends Brut IPA will be on tap? :unsure:😋🍻

I had a work lunch at a local brewery's restaurant. Golden Valley. I was looking forward to it, as I have had some of their beers at our Holiday Ale Fest. However, the 8 samples I had, none of them were great. 3 were good, but not great. 4 of them were meh and also styles I would not order, and 1 of them was just not good. They all had a watery mouthfeel and just underwhelmed...

Back