• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really don't like to report this, but, I believe the shipping services may be overloaded this year which are causing problems. Within the last couple weeks I've had an error in my Amazon cart resulting in a double order. I also have US postal service issues, as apparently a SACD I ordered from ebay was delivered to someone (just not to me :eek: and therefore lost forever as it's posted as "delivered" and apparently a neighbor has not returned it and worth about $35) and another order through discogs that has gone lost somewhere along the way from the east coast to the west coast to me. I don't ever remember having this many delivery problems in such a narrow time span. Making me wonder if should just hold my wallet closed for new orders until after the first of the year. :unsure:

Really don't like to report this, but, I believe the shipping services may be overloaded this year which are causing problems. Within the last couple weeks I've had an error in my Amazon cart resulting in a double order. I also have US postal service issues, as apparently a SACD I ordered from ebay was delivered to someone (just not to me :eek: and therefore lost forever as it's posted as "delivered" and apparently a neighbor has not returned it and worth about $35) and another order through discogs that has gone lost somewhere along the way from the east coast to the west coast to me. I don't ever remember having this many delivery problems in such a narrow time span. Making me wonder if should just hold my wallet closed for new orders until after the first of the year. :unsure:
Saw this on the local news yesterday.
https://www.kcra.com/article/amazon-packages-stolen-post-office-pioneer-california/30114395

This is nightmarish. I feel your pain. I'm waiting for an EMI Quad. Machine Head SACD near mint condition.
...... It's shipping from South Africa and taking forever......ouch

Lately, I've had NO issues with deliveries from AmazonUS, Deep Discount nor Import CDs but a few months ago I did have some with AmazonUK which were quickly resolved by engaging their customer service chat sessions via internal emails.

Statistics do show that online ordering has rapidly increased in the last few years and of course there was that debacle of Amazon dropping FED EX and most probably shifting all their deliveries over to the USPS. I have had local issues with mail being delivered to the wrong address or lost and/or stolen which almost never occurred in previous years but that's another story.

And lest we forget ... the weather, I'm sure has created a major snafu in delayed shipments as well. As I rarely ever order from ebay and never from discogs I cannot comment on their services but the few ebay orders I have made have resulted in 100% satisfaction.

And Amazon does deliver on Sundays in my area ....... which is surpirsing and further taxes the services of the USPS ........ whatever happened to "NEVER on SUNDAY?"

Lately, I've had NO issues with deliveries from AmazonUS, Deep Discount nor Import CDs but a few months ago I did have some with AmazonUK which were quickly resolved by engaging their customer service chat sessions via internal emails.

Statistics do show that online ordering has rapidly increased in the last few years and of course there was that debacle of Amazon dropping FED EX and most probably shifting all their deliveries over to the USPS. I have had local issues with mail being delivered to the wrong address or lost and/or stolen which almost never occurred in previous years but that's another story.

And lest we forget ... the weather, I'm sure has created a major snafu in delayed shipments as well. As I rarely ever order from ebay and never from discogs I cannot comment on their services but the few ebay orders I have made have resulted in 100% satisfaction.

And Amazon does deliver on Sundays in my area ....... which is surpirsing and further taxes the services of the USPS ........ whatever happened to "NEVER on SUNDAY?"
Well to top it all off Ralphie; I just saw on the nightly news that in the U.S.A. 1.7 million packages are stolen or lost every day!
Many by porch thieves!
WOW :poop:

A couple of 'hot deals' from Deep Discount's bargain bins [plus 15% off]:

https://www.deepdiscount.com/elements-of-life/8715197080705
https://www.deepdiscount.com/hot-sauce-committee-pt-2/5099967996292
Note: Beastie Boy's Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 contains the BD~A in 5.1 and is out of print [OOP]
DESCRIPTION
Hot Sauce Committee PT. 2 on Blu-ray
RSD. Hard-bound Book, Blu-ray. Deluxe Edition. A hard-bound book with exclusive photos from the FFYR_Revised video shoot., Chalk full of more stars than a Judd Apatow film. 1 Blu-ray disc with 5.1 of HSCP album, remixes and videos. 1 DVD Disc with 5.1 of HSCP2 album, remixes and videos (this will be the same content on the Blu-ray. Limited to 5000 units
71SZuPmPC1L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Very sorry also to hear this. I've had this happen too. By me it's often because USPS does a lot of hiring of temp. drivers & they screw up the routes. My regular mailman told me & said they just don't care as long as the stuff keeps moving. I try to get to know my mailman & build-up some kind of rapport with them. That alone can do wonders!
If a thing shows it's been delivered ( ..not to you though), then you pretty much have no recourse. I would do a charge back with my credit charge directly. I have done that & they always backed me up.
As far as all the stealing of packages that goes on now...a sad situation, isn't it, that people have become so dishonest:mad:

Last edited:
I’ve been shopping moose for several years and to my knowledge, they don’t offer site wide discount codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I haven't dealt with them before & didn't know.
Right now, they do have free shipping on purchases above $30 which is good & their price on the 'King Crimson...50th..' seems to be the best presently out there.

Reactions: GOS
Thanks! I haven't dealt with them before & didn't know.
Right now, they do have free shipping on purchases above $30 which is good & their price on the 'King Crimson...50th..' seems to be the best presently out there.
You do build up points with them. The system is a little weird, but it shaves off a few bucks, here and there, now and then.

I’ve been shopping moose for several years and to my knowledge, they don’t offer site wide discount codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I haven't dealt with them before.
Right now, they have free shipping on purchases above $30
Wow!
Interesting article....This is an eye opener.....Seems similar to the USPS situation I mentioned earlier but these Amazon drivers are total HACKS.😴
Something I almost always encounter with Amazon delivery, is they never ring the doorbell. Just dump the package & go....so it can sit there all day when I'm home If I don't happen to see it.

They do that here too, leave the box on the doorstep as they rush to the next address.
Theft of exposed parcels is rampant as miscreants apparently follow the trucks around

This should work for that WD 10TB HDD I want -
Get triple rewards (a total of 15% Back) on electronics best-sellers with your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card. That's an additional 10% Back on top of the 5% Back you already earn at Amazon.com with an eligible Prime membership.** Limited-time offer expires December 22, 2019.

20% Off Exceptional Masterpieces - Album of the Week

AOTW_homepage_banner17.png

20% Off Album of the Week - Exceptional Masterpieces

Our Album of the Week is Exceptional Masterpieces performed by Combattimento Consort Amsterdam. It is available in Stereo and Multichannel DSD 64 at 20% Off through December 13, 2019 with offer code AOTW.

We have been struck by a number of seventeenth- and eighteenth-century compositions which are, for the most part, unpublished and which, in view of their originality and/or musical power, we consider ‘exceptional masterpieces.’

When Maarten van der Valk and Eelco Grimm had the idea of making an album with the latest, ‘exceptional’ technological possibilities in collaboration with Siltech and Philips, this seemed an appropriate opportunity to make a recording of a number of these ‘exceptional masterpieces’ in our repertoire.

The first works, the Ciaconna a 4 and the Ballo detto Pollicio, were written by Tarquinio Merula. He was born in the Italian city of Cremona, home of the great violinmakers. Following employment in Bergamo and Warsaw, he was appointed his last musical position at the cathedral in his native city. His frequent use of dance rhythms and the exceptional virtuosity of his instrumental pieces make these miniature masterworks. They constitute some of the first ‘typically violinistic’ compositions.

John Sunier, Audiophile Audition said the album was "Just about the best-planned, played and recorded program of early instrumental music I have heard in years."

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/pcc10011saexceptional-masterpieces

Back