Jethro Tull - 'Stormwatch 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition'

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our long national nightmare is over:

Hi

Good news!

We have been told by Warners that copies of Stormwatch will arrive here tomorrow (26th November) and we will start shipping immediately.

We will pack and post as fast as we can but this might take a couple of days, depending on what time the delivery arrives.

We apologise again for the delay.

Kind Regards

Pete

www.burningshed.com
[email protected]

Last edited:
Our long national nightmare is over

Hi

Good news!

We have been told by Warners that copies of Stormwatch will arrive here tomorrow (26th November) and we will start shipping immediately.

We will pack and post as fast as we can but this might take a couple of days, depending on what time the delivery arrives.

Kind Regards

Pete

www.burningshed.com
[email protected]

Hallelujah!

Hi

Good news!

Kind Regards

Pete

www.burningshed.com
[email protected]
LOL! Yep, I received that same email from "Pete".

Hi

Good news!

Kind Regards

Pete

www.burningshed.com
[email protected]
…………. and I'll be in Canada when it arrives, then Israel, then home, so I'll have to wait, but it'll be added to the must listen to over Xmas pile, I'm definitely taking some time off!

Mine arrived yesterday. Really irritated at AmazonUK for the poor packaging - nothing but that very thin cardboard mailer that looked torn battered and bruised by the time it got to my door. Amazingly the item inside weathered the beating okay, just very very minor denting on a couple corners, not enough for me to go through the bother of returning. .

Beatles, Stones, Dylan: A Recap Of 2019’s Rock Reissues
Jethro Tull, Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary (Chrysalis/Rhino)

Amid the collision of punk and disco in 1979, Jethro Tull, led by singer Ian Anderson, still commanded popularity, proving that progressive rock wasn’t extinct. The band’s release that year, Stormwatch, has been viewed as the final installment in the band’s trilogy of folk rock records— the other two being 1977’s Songs From the Wood and 1978’s Heavy Horses—highlighted by the notable cuts “North Sea Oil,” “Orion,” “Dun Ringill” and “Flying Dutchman.” Lyrically, the album’s environmental and maritime themes seem quite prophetic in the context of today’s climate change concerns. This exhaustive 4-CD/2-DVD package features the original album newly remixed by Steven Wilson; a more-than-generous amount of extra tracks recorded from that era, including several that had never been released until now; and a 1980 double-disc concert recorded in the Netherlands with a setlist of songs from Stormwatch nestled alongside familiar favorites “Aqualung,” “Locomotive Breath” and “Too Old to Rock and Roll.” The album also marked the end of an era as it was the final record from the classic Tull lineup of Anderson, guitarist Martin Barre, bassist John Glascock, keyboardists John Evan and David Palmer, and drummer Barriemore Barlow. These days Stormwatch is rarely mentioned in the same breath as Aqualung and Thick As a Brick in terms of the band’s best works; while not perfect, Stormwatch, especially in this deluxe anniversary edition, merits a new listen.

Mine arrived yesterday. Really irritated at AmazonUK for the poor packaging - nothing but that very thin cardboard mailer that looked torn battered and bruised by the time it got to my door. Amazingly the item inside weathered the beating okay, just very very minor denting on a couple corners, not enough for me to go through the bother of returning. .
Even if amazon UK decides to deliver to Australia again I will never consider using them again. For YEARS I had many issues with their shoddy packaging policy. They never listened. Just refund me for postage and nothing changed.

I am trying burning shed for the next few orders including the new cream live box set once it is available

My copy, bought from Amazon UK but shipped from Amazon Germany (and also a stamp from Edison NJ?) arrived beat to heck but amazingly the set inside was undamaged. Wasn’t even packaged in cardboard, more like thick paper.
Worse than Amazon Canada

Are they..... round by any chance? Are they cardboard? Is there a picture on them with “Stormwatch, the wobbly pop for old seamen” on it?

Back