Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alison Krauss + Union Station: New Favorite (SACD 5.1)

Well I give up. I can see the picture but only a X is displayed after saving so I give up. I'm easily defeated...

R-4491040-1376561270-7082.jpeg.jpg

716AtyrwVVL._SL1000_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028ER7Y8/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
Note: this link may not be for the SACD as Amazon states by ordering from them it will be manufactured on demand so I suspect it's now a CD!
I'm taking that chance--the picture shows an SACD and the cdbaby description is as follows:
Philip's Wish is a very unique SACD featuring a mixture Flamenco grooves , Jazz improvisation and Brazilian and World music feel. Truly recorded in DSD. This hybrid CD features a CD 44.1-16 bit layer in addition a DSD Stereo and 5.0 Surround Sound layer.

Thanks--AS ALWAYS!--for another great recommendation! Peace

One of those very hard to find discs, I'm afraid, Clement. Enya's sister.......wish they'd remix Enya's music into surround......ethereal music at its zenith!
That's the description, exactly! I do see 13 copies available on discogs, though none as inexpensive as I found my copy for (thanks @edisonbaggins ) Now the one I'm currently "surrounded" by

1575700392869.png
AIX All Stars Surrounded by Christmas

Can be found for a good price and is definitely worth it--if you are a fan of the AIX releases.

Just finished Listening to BBT - Reflectors of Light Blu-ray concert all the way through, very nice indeed, I can't compare it to Stone & Steel as I've never seen / heard it.
Now almost finished Be-Bop Deluxe - Modern Music 5.1 DVDV I've listened in DD and DTS and to my ears the sound is very bright on this album from both. But still the surround mix is very good, plenty going on all around.

finally support multi-channel, modest as the setup is. First spin, Court 50th, followed by Chicago Quadio Greatest and now the Wilson Farewell To Kings. Damn, I should have done this years ago! So much to catch up on. At least I have all the Crim/Rush/Yes/XTC/Marillion and some odds and ends to choose from. Guess its time to piss away the rest of the year rediscovering all these albums.

That's the description, exactly! I do see 13 copies available on discogs, though none as inexpensive as I found my copy for (thanks @edisonbaggins ) Now the one I'm currently "surrounded" by

View attachment 44482 AIX All Stars Surrounded by Christmas

Can be found for a good price and is definitely worth it--if you are a fan of the AIX releases.
Which I am Clem, just a few left to collect from this format!!
I am a huge fan of Marks surround mixes and groups/singers playing live.

Back