Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which only makes me hungry for MORE!
I couldn't agree more Ralph, it's very clear listening to all these discs, that this band is almost unique in getting surround mixes from very early on in their career and fully utilising this to expand their superb music. Every release is a little gem....imo.

I couldn't agree more Ralph, it's very clear listening to all these discs, that this band is almost unique in getting surround mixes from very early on in their career and fully utilising this to expand their superb music. Every release is a little gem....imo.

So Mike goes Hungary .....as his fields lay fallow!

Wish they got more love! They deserve to be heard!

New addition to the family. It's more experimental than other Weather Report that I have heard.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191208_100423.jpg
    MVIMG_20191208_100423.jpg
    906 KB · Views: 79
So Mike goes Hungary .....as his fields lay fallow!

Wish they got more love! They deserve to be heard!

Yep for sure, 3 more to go, while watching next years possible Super Bowl finalists at New Orleans.
Of course, now I've stated that, The Saints are mauling the 49r's.... :rolleyes:
Until that huge throw and catch that is...very open game!!

Last edited:
Not sure that’s actually possible 😎 listening now to latest release Return to Sardinia with Steve Hackett

It's that time of year!

View attachment 44502

I love these Monster Music SuperDiscs. I don't think I'm ever going to find 6 String Theory, and I'm not sure how worthwhile Away From the Sun and Peter Cincotti Live in New York are, but I have all the rest, and I really enjoy them.
One vote here for Peter Cincotti and Away from the Sun, Clem.
Both sound fine and are the usual, high standard, monster mixes.

It's that time of year!

View attachment 44502

I love these Monster Music SuperDiscs. I don't think I'm ever going to find 6 String Theory, and I'm not sure how worthwhile Away From the Sun and Peter Cincotti Live in New York are, but I have all the rest, and I really enjoy them.
Yeah I would love to get my hand on 6 String Theory .. that stereo CD is wonderful, I can only imagine now that the surround vista has opened to me how much better it is.

Enjoying some Love today...
...and listening to The Beatles in 5.1! 😜
But seriously, I like the versions of "Within You Without You/Lucy in the Sky" on Love better than the ones on the Sgt. Pepper 5.1 Bluray (but I like "A Day In The Life" better on the Sgt. Pepper Bluray). I'm glad we've had such a Beatles Bounty in surround! (with more to come, I hope)

Yeah I would love to get my hand on 6 String Theory .. that stereo CD is wonderful, I can only imagine now that the surround vista has opened to me how much better it is.
Well, thanks to the thumbs up from @beerking , I did find mint copies of 3 Doors and Cincotti for $4 and $4.50 respectively; I thought I'd ride the wave of that holiday vibe with another one from Monster Music:

1575843538884.png

and hope for a 6 String Christmas miracle! Here's hoping for one for you as well. Actually, let's all have a Christmas miracle, shall we?

Enjoying some Love today...
...and listening to The Beatles in 5.1! 😜
But seriously, I like the versions of "Within You Without You/Lucy in the Sky" on Love better than the ones on the Sgt. Pepper 5.1 Bluray (but I like "A Day In The Life" better on the Sgt. Pepper Bluray). I'm glad we've had such a Beatles Bounty in surround! (with more to come, I hope)
just picked Love (CD/DVD) up for $8.00 since it comes so highly rated here, I plan on spinning it later today.

Back