Quad LP/Tape Poll Simon, Carly: Best Of Carly Simon [CD-4/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Best of Carly Simon"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-so

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Her first comp, from 1975, Elektra EQ-1048.

Side 1:

1. That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be
2. The Right Thing To Do
3. Mockingbird
4. Legend In Your Own Time
5. Haven't Got Time For The Pain

Side 2:

1. You're So Vain
2. (We Have) No Secrets
3. Night Owl
4. Anticipation
5. Attitude Dancing

ED :)

Yay! I'm the first and so this album is unquestionably a '10'!

Actually, I have always been in love with Carly :eek: so it's a bit difficult to be objective but I like what they did with the back channels.

It seems they put just the right instruments back there to enhance Carly's leads in the front. The strings in "That's the Way...", The acoustic guitar in several songs, and Jagger's voice and the electric guitar in "You're So Vain."

It's just so surprisingly pleasent to have these parts of the arrangements brought out more clearly and I think that's what quad is really all about. (y) :banana:

Doug

I've always liked the quad CD-4 mix of "You're So Vain." I used to hear a lot of the quad mixes on the radio back in the 1970s. Back about 1974 for about a year, every Sunday evening 96.3 FM Miami used to have their "Quadraphonic Hour." They would play the popular music available in Quad at that time. They would play SQ straight onto the air and they would play CD-4 titles through an SQ decoder...SQ encoding/decoding is awful. I always preferred CD-4.

I have uploaded the CD-4 mix from the CD-4 LP of "No Secrets" of "You're So Vain" on You Tube.

[video=youtube;r_uTFw6pZMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_uTFw6pZMY[/video]

Yay!
Actually, I have always been in love with Carly... :eek: (y) :banana: Doug

me too!

ever since i first heard 'you're so vain' back in late '72 or so and then saw this album cover-
album-no-secrets.jpg

YOWZAH!

Looking at this thread again today, I noticed there was never an image of the album cover added.

In consideration of Carly's beauty, we just can't have that:

BestofCarly.jpg

Doug

Now, I have listened to this album many times but I was particularly struck yesterday when I played the CD-4 again, LOUD. It is an absolutely wonderful production, right up there with Gordon Lightfoot's "Sundown" and I'm glad I gave it a "10" over 11 years ago.

Doug

Back