$142.50 to blow. Temple of the Dog or Badmotorfinger?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekendtoy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Hi all,

I recently sold a couple of items for my father on Craigslist. To compensate me for having to deal with the scammers, tire kickers, and low ballers, I was given 10% of the proceeds or $142.50

Now I could save these funds or spend it responsibly, like paint for my daughters' bedroom or light fixtures for the garage. But I'd rather spend it on some uber-expensive box set that I've previously determined to be too costly to purchase.

So for those that have both (or just one and really like it), which would you get? Temple of the Dog or Badmotorfinger??

Well thanks everyone for your feedback which seemed to be, 'just get both'. I guess I should have known that going in, pleas to exercise any kind of fiscal self-control were not going to be offered ;)

Fortunately, the Amazon.it price only required an additional $9.06 out-of-pocket so both it is :LB

If I were to limit it to one, I would of went with Badmotorfinger based on musical preference and Mr. Baggins 'Life In Surround' review.

Well I think that's the last order I make at Amazon.it

My Badmotorfinger box set arrived. Not shipped in a box, not even a padded bag, but rather a simple mailing bag. Totally unprotected.

Needless to say, two corners are damaged along with a few other minor blemishes to the box. I'm not in this business to worry about resale value so it's not going back. Plus we would be talking another six weeks or so. Overall, very disappointing.

My Badmotorfinger box set arrived. Not shipped in a box, not even a padded bag, but rather a simple mailing bag. Totally unprotected.

Needless to say, two corners are damaged along with a few other minor blemishes to the box. I'm not in this business to worry about resale value so it's not going back. Plus we would be talking another six weeks or so. Overall, very disappointing.

Yesterday, I received my [bargain] Rush box set A Farewell To Kings from AmazonUK and the outer box was badly damaged and the top exposed and it was raining heavily outside when I retrieved it but miraculously, there wasn't a lick of damage to the set. BTW, it was $52US delivered.

I would go for the Temple... such a great album and the mix is not as bad as some people keep saying. I'm guessing Vedder's vocals being the Marmite part of the mix

Nothing pisses me off more than that. I'll avoid certain sellers because of previous experience with insufficient packing. Price isn't always everything.

If you chat with them, you should be able to get a big discount. That happened to me with Big Pink and I think they knocked off 1/2 or so, from the already low warehouse price.

Back