Quad LP/Tape Poll Kristofferson, Kris: Spooky Lady's Sideshow [SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Spooky Lady"

• 10: Great sound, mix, music

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5 Fairly mediocre everything

• 1: Why did they bother?

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Monument ZQ/ZAQ 32914, from 1974.

Side 1:

1. Same Old Song
2. Broken Freedom Song
3. Shandy (The Perfect Disguise)
4. Star Spangled Bummer (Whores Die Hard)
5. Lights Of Magdala
6. I May Smoke Too Much

Side 2:

1. One For The Money
2. Late Again (Gettin' Over You)
3. Stairway To The Bottom
4. Rescue Mission
5. Smile At Me Again
6. Rock And Roll Time

On the Q8, "I May Smoke Too Much" and "Smile At Me Again" are switched to even out the side timings.

ED :)

Forgot all about this one. Good album, fine quad field for the material (which is a tad laid back throughout, though that's not a bad thing). Not a big seller, though--none of Kris' albums were, come to think of it--and there wasn't a chart single, which couldn't have helped sales, either. But if you're a Kristofferson fan, a must to hear in 4-channel.

Absolutely!! Of all the Kristofferson Quads, this is the one to own. I love the vocal effect used on this tape - you just don't get 4-channel vocals that often work. This is the perfect mix. Nothing spinning or panning around, just a nice static mix with a great vocal setup. This is a spotlight Quad. The only downside? There aren't really any songs of note on this album. Not that Kristofferson was known for spectacular songs, but there really is nothing to write home about here.

Kris' 'classic' songs seemed to have come fairly early, and his 1970 debut album--first titled KRISTOFFERSON, then retitled in 1971 as ME AND BOBBY McGEE--had the biggies: "McGee," "For the Good Times," "Help Me Make It Through the Night" and "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down" that put him on the Nashville songwriters' map, though it would take "Loving Her Was Easier" from SILVER TONGUED DEVIL AND I to garner him his own first radio hit.

But this is an album of steady, solid pleasures, and typical of CBS country titles, no fancy mixing, but here very immersive and sensible throughout.

Back