Music DVD Poll Siouxsie & the Banshees - Nocturne

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD of "Nocturne" by Siouxsie & the Banshees

• 10 - Superb mix, video & extras

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor mix, video & extras

• 1 - waste of plastic - stick with the album

• Total voters

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Please post your thoughts, comments & observations on this DTS-DVD recorded live at the Royal Albert Hall in 1983.
Nocturne.jpg

Featuring the live show from the Royal Albert Hall recorded over 2 nights on September 30 and October 1 1983 as well as extras from the Old Grey Whistle Test, a promo of "Dear Prudence" and a featurette called "Play At Home" - a TV special featuring songs by The Banshees, The Creatures and The Glove

Tracklisting: Main Concert
Israel
Cascade
Melt
Pulled To Bits
Night Shift
Sin In My Heart
Painted Bird
Switch
Eve White/Eve Black
Voodoo Dolly
Spellbound
Helter Skelter

This is Siouxsie at the peak of her powers, recorded live at the RAH in London back when this was still a rare event usually reserved for the likes of Eric Clapton.
It has been available as a double vinyl for some time now, although the whole show has never been available all in one place to this day.
The original vinyl set list ran to 16 songs listed below

1. Israel
  2. Dear Prudence
  3. Paradise Place
  4. Melt
  5. Cascade
  6. Pulled to Bits
  7. Night Shift
  8. Sin in My Heart
  9. Slowdive
  10. Painted Bird
  11. Happy House
  12. Switch
  13. Spellbound
  14. Helter Skelter
  15. Eve White/Eve Black
  16. Voodoo Dolly
The reason I mention this is simply because I do not understand the reasoning here - there are several obviously "missing" tracks, and 2 more can be added as the tracks "Head Cut" & "Running Town" were also recorded & released as a double A-sided single but since then have been unavailable even on the usual suspects - remastered CD releases. Very odd and very annoying as her version of "Dear Prudence" is simply outstanding.

These anomalies aside, this is still a great DVD (although I really would have been happier if Dear Prudence & the rest had been included) and one I can highly recommend. The audio is also very good indeed, and whilst not the most aggressive mix in the world it made me feel like I was there, which for a live show disc has to be the point, right?
Play this loud - the louder the better!
A well deserved 9

I'll have to get this one. I still have the old VHS tape in a box somewhere and it's my fave Banshees era. Bob Smith from the Cure on guitar on this one too!

Whoa...will have to check it out...I unfortunately caught up with Siouxsie in the late 80's (thanks to an ex) with the "Tinderbox" CD....saw her live in Madrid in 92(?) in the "Superstition" tour....loved her!

Back