HiRez Poll Chernicoff, Larry - OCTOBER [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Larry Chernicoff - OCTOBER

• 10: Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this SACD from Larry Chernicoff [Windy Planet SACD 4511] (n):phones(y)

larry chernicoff sacd.jpg

Just got this one the other day - and like the Peter Primamore I really like this one. As it says on sa-cd.net this one won "Best Made for Surround Title" award at the 2004 Surround Music Awards...

Very subtle mix, but not boring, and its definitely got lots happening in the rears...

I picked this one up cheap on Amazon Marketplace - I now see that its gone up a bit in price.......:yikes

My one minor gripe with this is that there is a bit too much Vibraphone for my taste....

This disc and the Peter Primamore one are forever linked -- similar music, recorded in the same studio the same way and produced by the same man (Chernicoff).

I too bought this one cheap a few years back (after getting hooked on the PP disc), and while I like it it does not get anywhere near as much play as PP. Personally speaking, I really like the vibes here -- they're spread all the way across the soundstage with emphasis in right and/or left rear and I think they sound great. ('To each his own,' said the farmer as he kissed the cow.)

While it sounds very good, I find it not as engaging as PP. I'm voting 9, but noting that's with rounding up for originality and in support of a 'little guy' publisher.

Mark Z

Back