DVD/DTS Poll Oldfield, Mike - Incantations [DD DVD+2CD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Mike Oldfield - INCANTATIONS

• 10: Great Surround, Great Content, Great Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Content, Poor Fidelity

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this release that comes with a Dolby 5.1 Audio DVD.(n)(y)
480575533fee752a4f14976f738.jpg

Thanks for reminding me that I've never removed this DVD from its packaging...

Shame the multis for the whole album couldn't be found... :(

Sadly this one is a huge disappointment to me, with barely half of the album in 5.1 and that again in Dolby Digital only.
Whilst I am sure there are those who will welcome the live footage, I would personally have preferred more in 5.1 and at a better quality than what is on offer.
I'm also completely unconvinced by the new stereo mixes - the old one is to my ears far better, and having a complete 2011 stereo mix just rubs salt into the wound really as it proves the full album could have been done in surround if the will was there to do it.
This is the last of the Oldfields that will be getting any money from me.
6 - and I feel this is generous.

On my copy, it states "2013 stereo mixes" by over 2/3 of them, and definitely more than we have in 5.1
It does indeed also have a nasty digital glitch - I checked after reading this post.
Damn - now I feel even more depressed about it.

On my copy, it states "2013 stereo mixes" by over 2/3 of them, and definitely more than we have in 5.1
It does indeed also have a nasty digital glitch - I checked after reading this post.
Damn - now I feel even more depressed about it.

Disc one is just the bad remaster and Universal did do a replacement servcie for that disc, not sure if they are still doing that (i got an e-mail address from the tubular net website).

disc 2 did have some remixes on pretty sure many were from different takes (I could not be sure and it was the first time i owned the album so dont know much different).
Mind you if you listen to Crises and Five miles out some of the 5.1 mixes on that sound like different takes.

Disc 3 DVD yes very dissapointing

Back