Quad LP/Tape Poll Baez, Joan: Come From the Shadows [QS/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Come From the Shadows"

• 10: Great sound, mix, content

Votes: 1 33.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: Mediocrity Central

• 1: Sux

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
A&M QU 54339, from 1972.

Side 1:

Prison Trilogy (Billy Rose)
Rainbow Road
Love Song to a Stranger
Myths
In the Quiet Morning
Weary Mothers

Side 2:

To Bobby
Song of Bangladesh
A Stranger in My Place
Tumbleweed
The Partisan
Imagine

ED :)

10. IMHO, her best album and 1st for A&M. A nice mix, good fidelity and superb material. It was also A&M's first Quad. So what are you waiting for? GET IT!
$(KGrHqUOKicE5knqI3s-BOb7C2,i2g~~_35.JPG
mUmb5vlhAEkczl-EMv3Akiw.jpg

Once I pulled my roots free, I became a slave to the wind.

"In the Quiet Morning" is one of her best singles, though it didn't do that well on the charts. Some strong material, some typical. "A Song for Bangladesh," however, was just the kind of topical, concerned folkie-inspired number that National Lampoon did a number on with their RADIO DINNER album issued later in the year. I admire the sentiment, but like George's "Bangla Desh," the cause was a lot worthier than the songs written about it.

A low '7' here.

ED :)

best song on this lp is the first one..Prison Trilogy (Billy Rose) it's a very good song...(even if the opening 5 seconds are exactly the same as Gordon Lightfoot's "Sit Down Young Stranger")and the lp is a nice recording and mix but I still think overall songwise "Diamonds and Rust" slaughters this lp...........most of it is usefull to play when I have insomnia zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back