2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is email I just received from Music Direct about the delay...

Thank you for your email, Gene. There has been a small delay in receiving the first shipment of The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold As Love (Hybrid SACD) into stock. I have confirmed with our music buyer that this should be arriving into stock by early next week (estimate subject to delay).

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced (Stereo and Mono) is now estimated to be released on November 30th, 2018.

We greatly appreciate your patience and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you
Customer Service

You been a busy beaver on the email circuit:p..that's good information...it show's how poor Acoustic Sounds responds to customer questions...I asked them about Are You Experienced and they had no answer at all...and considering that it is a AP product that is sad...

You been a busy beaver on the email circuit:p..that's good information...it show's how poor Acoustic Sounds responds to customer questions...I asked them about Are You Experienced and they had no answer at all...and considering that it is a AP product that is sad...
I'm working from home today...so I'm a bit distracted...lmao. Yeah, Music Direct answered my email within an hour. :)

Just had an email from amazon.com, mine is on its way to the UK, so I should get it in I a week or so. Which is just about when I'm off out the country to the company HQ, so I suspect it'll be waiting for me when I get back!

Got a feeling Amazon won't deliver Axis tomorrow as promised on "Release Day."
Usually get email shipping notice in the wee hours the day before delivery.
Nothing yet.
Deja vu from Big Pink. :confused:
Labor Day Weekend is no excuse this time.

No worries, after 50 years, what's a few more days?
I have plenty of stereo JH CDs to tide me over until Electric Ladyland 5.1 arrives.
(Sound great in DPL II)

Including Voodoo Soup, which Buddy Miles signed for me at an Omaha show in 1995.
Wished me best of luck then, I wish the same for all of us waiting.

photo107 (1).jpg

Last edited:
This just in:

-------------------------
Hi D., your package will arrive:
Friday, September 28

Track your package:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/your-account/ship-trackxxxxxxx

On the way:
Axis: Bold As Love (Hybrid...
Order #111-xxxxxxxxxx
---------------------------------
Shipped with UPS
Tracking ID 1Zxxxxxxxxx
Thursday, September 27

Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier
-----------------------------------

Thanks, Buddy, for a bit of luck.
:hi

For those that think that AP isn't dragging their feet with Music Direct...it seems that amazon and other outlets got their allotment but for some mysterious reason...cough...cough....music direct now has to wait for a repress...HERE

Bullmoose has it in stock too....I don't think it's a coincidence that the most heavily discounted outlet didn't get their stock..

Last edited:
Reactions: GOS
For those that think that AP isn't dragging their feet with Music Direct...it seems that amazon and other outlets got their allotment but for some mysterious reason...cough...cough....music direct now has to wait for a repress...HERE

Well, that sucks. Especially as we had the word that it would be available "early next week."

Maybe both are true? Sigh, to paraphrase Tolkien's "short cuts make long delays," I'll add "cheaper cuts make longer delays.":(

Well, that sucks. Especially as we had the word that it would be available "early next week."

Maybe both are true? Sigh, to paraphrase Tolkien's "short cuts make long delays," I'll add "cheaper cuts make longer delays.":(

It could be...as Acoustic Sounds got their allotment on Sept 20...and amazon has theirs and it appears that importcds got them...but on that topic...for some reason right now I can't go to importcds or deepdiscount...both sites are not available to me?

On my third listening after taking delivery last evening.
Could not be happier.
Same mix & EQ I've lived with for 50 years, with improved fidelity.
Drum kit, flanging & phasing effects especially.
History records the stereo panning was ground-breaking, holds up 50 years on.

Due to a design feature of my Yamaha AVR which won't allow processing of hi-res signals, I prefer the CD layer...
...because...
...you freaks have spoiled me into feeling cheated listening to 2.0...
(...much less double 1.0)... :rolleyes:
...annnnnnd...
...in DPL II with 5 speakers tweaked for balance...
...Track 1, when Paul Caruso's UFO blasts off back to Outer Space...
... I hear surround panning...

:51QQ

As I look at the bigger picture...it appears AP was a little more covert than I expected...they did supply several outlets with "some" stock...just enough... so it appears they got their allotment but now they are out of stock(amazon..importcds)...and guess who has plenty to sell...you guessed it..Acoustic Sounds...at $35 with no discount allowed and absurd shipping costs....I would pay $37 at Bullmoose rather than deal with Acoustic Sounds...I'm getting a copy and I'm keeping my discounted order at Music Direct for as long as it takes...

On my third listening after taking delivery last evening.
Could not be happier.
Same mix & EQ I've lived with for 50 years, with improved fidelity.
Drum kit, flanging & phasing effects especially.
History records the stereo panning was ground-breaking, holds up 50 years on.

Due to a design feature of my Yamaha AVR which won't allow processing of hi-res signals, I prefer the CD layer...
...because...
...you freaks have spoiled me into feeling cheated listening to 2.0...
(...much less double 1.0)... :rolleyes:
...annnnnnd...
...in DPL II with 5 speakers tweaked for balance...
...Track 1, when Paul Caruso's UFO blasts off back to Outer Space...
... I hear surround panning...

:51QQ

What feature won't allow you to enjoy hi-rez signals?

Bullmoose has it in stock too....I don't think it's a coincidence that the most heavily discounted outlet didn't get their stock..

Strange, indeed. But Acoustic Sounds doesn't seem to be discounting any of their MoFi nor AP Stereo SACDs lately and I received a shock~a~roo when I wandered into ImportCDs website today and the prices on all their MoFi Stereo SACDs had been jacked up to well beyond retail prices. For awhile, they had approximately a dozen or so MoFi Stereo SACDs for $12.62 and their usual price for a current MoFi Stereo SACD was $25 and change. Now they're $37 and the Billy Joel Greatest Hits 2 disc set is $57 [was $38 and change for a long period of time]. example: https://www.importcds.com/greatest-hits-volume-i-and-volume-ii/821797212168

Just noted that MoFi is now shipping the vinyl edition of S&G's Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Tyme but still has the LONG, LONG [LONG] awaited Stereo SACD on TBA status. As I've long suspected, I don't think MoFi and AP will be pursuing the Stereo SACD reissue market in the very near future....instead, concentrating on their beloved and seemingly MORE profitable Vinyl reissues.

Last edited:
What feature won't allow you to enjoy hi-rez signals?

Yamaha RX-V375_om_En.pdf:

[surround decode] does not work on the following audio sources:
– Signals whose sampling rate is over 48 kHz
– High-definition streaming audio

Defaults to "straight" bitstream.
Don't know how common that is on consumer (non-audiophile pricing) home theater AVRs? :unsure:

I can "enjoy" 'hi-rez' fine in 2.0.
But the extra "resolution" above redbook CD 44.1 is wasted on my old, damaged ears.
So, for me, DPL II spatial processing is more "enjoyable" as I have "lost" nothing in sacrificing "hi-rez."

To paraphrase Jimi, not a drag on MY part.

:phones

As I look at the bigger picture...it appears AP was a little more covert than I expected...they did supply several outlets with "some" stock...just enough... so it appears they got their allotment but now they are out of stock(amazon..importcds)...and guess who has plenty to sell...you guessed it..Acoustic Sounds...at $35 with no discount allowed and absurd shipping costs....I would pay $37 at Bullmoose rather than deal with Acoustic Sounds...I'm getting a copy and I'm keeping my discounted order at Music Direct for as long as it takes...
I've been convinced of this, Clint, for quite some time.
Any time I order an AP release from Music Direct it is delayed for at least 2 weeks.
The Buddy Holly & The Crickets took almost a month after AS and other sites had it.
I generally order in batches when MD has a discount code.
I'm never cancel anything from MD, ordered both Hendrix, Parsley, Sage & a Dylan mo-fi for 20% off & free shipping.
The cool thing about MD is they'll ship individually for free as the items come in on pre-orders

Perhaps because Music Direct owns Mo-Fi? Competitor to AP.
Who knows.

Back