• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

2019 Acura RDX - USB 5.1 DVD-A? NO

400 Club - QQ All Star
Jan 1, 2010
Just received an interesting reply to my FB message to Acura's "ELS Studio Premium Audio" page. I've been messaging with them for a month trying to get clarification on "what" the new system in the 2019 RDX will play, and they confirmed the following today: "Hi John. The system plays 5.1 WAV 24 bit / 48 kHz discrete surround sound. We haven't checked 5.1 FLAC yet, but it does play 2.0 FLAC. The ELS Studio 3D system is truly amazing, hope you can hear it soon!" View attachment 32407
This sounds great!

Guess I'm not done with Acura after all