2019 "Immersive Audio Album" Grammy nominees

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads~up, elmer. Just placed an order. For US customers, the BEST price I've found so far for the BD~A w/FREE shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Ear...h=item44296d8fa0:g:UPoAAOSwtc9bsks8:rk:7:pf:0

Thanks.. was doing a little digging and these guys have done remixes for Nitin Sawhney, who I saw opening for Sting in Santiago dfe Compostela in...(gulp!) .. 2000!!!
Also , I see Lisa Gerrard is featured in this BD.. might as well get it.. I have a soft spot for GOOD EDM... might even go to Decadence this year for New Year's Eve!

Second that, absolutely happy with the purchase (and I yet have to upgrade to Atmos/Auro). Anyway, surprised that this title got nominated over INXS – Kick or R.E.M. – Automatic For The People.
Wasn't REM basically an indie release? It probably goes back to the whole submission thing. Kick was on Rhino and I would think they would know how to work the system.

Wasn't REM basically an indie release? It probably goes back to the whole submission thing. Kick was on Rhino and I would think they would know how to work the system.
R.E.M. Indie? They went corporate decades ago and never looked back. Took their 90 mil and that was all she wrote.

I mean unless this was a privately licensed project by a 3rd party.

R.E.M. Indie? They went corporate decades ago and never looked back. Took their 90 mil and that was all she wrote.

I mean unless this was a privately licensed project by a 3rd party.
What label issued the Atmos Blu? It wasn't Warner.

From 2L's website:
Morten Lindberg consolidates his official World Record of «Most Grammy-nominations without a win» to a total of 26 nominations as a Recording Engineer and Music Producer. Norwegian label 2L have garnered no less than 34 GRAMMY-nominations.
Say what you will, it's definitely impressive in its own way. And if the award is technical merit they blow away the limited pop records that tend to win (Eye in the Sky sounds nice but it can't compete with their stuff for fidelity) - but they really need to release some repertoire more people want to hear.

Back